@EQDevs Can you comment on whats going on with Shaman Dots?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by steiner, Apr 7, 2017.

1. steiner Augur

@EQDEVS,

some players are concerned that the recent dot changes may have a kink in them. at first it was stated that they would be buffed, and they were. but they were made to not be stackable. then the dmg was reduced below some of the original numbers and the spells are still not stacking, as if they were buffed.

people have made tickets, pm's, posts, and charts regarding this issue. as someone whos about to roll a shaman for the next few years on agnarr i am concerned and would really appreciate some type of offical response.

are the spells supposed to not stack? why was it originally stated that the dots would get buffed and then after they were reduced in some cases and still not able to stack? please respond.
  2. Basak Augur

Each line should not be able to stack with each other, and really were not able to until something in Kunark changed all that. However it has been that way for so long people got used to it so of course there is an outcry that something that should have been fixed some 16/17 years ago is now being fixed. Similar to the pet pulling fix from DoDh era.

Though I will miss stacking 3-4 Pest DoTs on 12-15 rooted targets at a time, I understand the need for the change in stacking. However, because players so used to stacking and the damage produced from said stacking, the spells themselves should be boosted in damage as compensation.
  3. Naugrin Augur

You guys do realize the sheer amount of damage a well played/supported shaman can pump out atm right?
  4. Chaosflux Augur

They are talking TLP era.

Where they do less damage now then a year ago.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

They have been boosted significantly, they just did a really poor job tuning the lower level spells making it a net loss rather than equal or better.
  6. Finen Elder

What constitutes proper support for a shaman doting?
  7. Brohg Augur

A bard.
  8. steiner Augur

Yeah in agnarr Will I always feel gimped as a shaman or does it still have power and ability to solo? Or are they nerfed to a level of shadowknight soloing
  9. Naugrin Augur

Sorry I didn't realize this was talking about tlp levels lol.
  10. Brohg Augur

PoP levels ain't all about dots, anyhow. Turgur's Insects is 3/4ths of a mez that isn't broken by damage, pre-Gates. You can tank slowed mobs with Quiescence on you, use a dot or two but also Dogdog & nukes. Check out Tears of Saryrn