@EQcommunity

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FL!P, Mar 13, 2013.

1. FL!P Augur

Hi! Just wanted to ask you guys a quick couple questions. I'm sure you get this all the time, but I was wondering how the population was nowadays on EQ. I am a long time fan, been playing since i was 14, so almost 11-12 years now. Last I played was when fippy first opened up, and I loooooooved it. It really brought back the old school EQ feel for awhile. But anyway I'm rambling now, would it be worth it to come back to EQ and start from scratch? Or has the servers died to much? Can I still accomplish things without boxing my own raid? War was my favorite class, and the thought of coming back with nothing, and soloing as a war really turns me away. Is it easy to get into guilds that actually use voice chat now? so many questions =( wish i could just talk to someone haha. Anyway, thanks for your time, and sorry for rambling =(
  2. FL!P Augur

Thanks anyway!
  3. moogs Augur

Q:
    But anyway I'm rambling now, would it be worth it to come back to EQ and start from scratch?

A:
    Yes.

Q:
    Or has the servers died to much?

A:
    Yes.

Q:
    Can I still accomplish things without boxing my own raid?

A:
    Yes.

Q:
    Is it easy to get into guilds that actually use voice chat now?

A:
    Yes.

I'll invite you to have a poke around The Newbie Zone here on the forums. It's full of great people sharing great information. The game is alive and well on most servers. Don't worry about playing by yourself for too long, because you will be level 70+ and beginning to catch up to everyone in 12-15 hours. We're supposed to have a Double XP weekend starting Friday, so it's a great time to come back.
  4. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Gosh, I really hate to discourage a returning player, but honestly, unless you're going to be putting a LOT of time into it, starting a tank from scratch is probably not the way to go if you want to raid. The augs you'll need aren't from raids, so you may not have a lot of help getting them even if your guild showers you with raid gear.

It's discouraging that mercs are so powerful compared to new players, but they are. It's a great game, but this is one of the current flaws.

I hope you'll pick another archetype, or buckle down and do it, or that you get started in the hope that tanks will get some sorely needed help.
  5. Tegila Augur

my recommendation would be to find your old toons if you have higher level ones, give yoruslfa refresher course if needed with a new one in the tutorial, but then play what you worked up before if playing catchup is a worry. It's really not all taht bad BUT a tank class is going to have teh hardest time of it unless you go somewhere with a lot of lower levels, then there usually arent a lot of higher levels later on to raid with or experience the modern day if you want. One possible way around that is to go to Trakanon to start with, they seem to have the largest population around 65 anf very few over it..but overall a very low opulation server, however lotta help and people around at the lower levels (like 30-50) and transfers off trakanon are free. That's if you dont have access to or dont want to play your old toons that are already past that hump. There should be groups fairly easily available by 80+ on most servers if you know where to look (LFG tool not all that used anymore, best to go to a few zones people use in that level range and ask around)

as for voiche chat, idk how many family guilds etc use it, but whether it's guild-wide or just some per guild, i think every raid guild uses some form of voice chat, and if using this to help get reacquianted with game and whatnot your best bet wuold be to jsut ask around in General chat. I know there's a ventrillo or TS channel on our server thats just anyone and everyone that wants to hang out and chat at whatever levels etc. You'll find many people willing to give you the tour of the newer features of the game as well and help you out in other ways. Don't be afraid of doing it on your own, won't be a problem :) but as said if yo ustart from scratch or lower level on a tank, it's going ot take a lot more work, so i'd use an established toon you have in that archetype. Hate to say don't make a tank, but making a new tank without established ties in the game to help you out, will be rough.
  6. FL!P Augur

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! Yea I just read over 50 pages of post about the state of wars right now. So confused with that class right now. Last time I played a war was prolly 00-04, and a month on fippy, I really enjoyed it tbh. But now I keep reading about how its S&B or nothing =(. I really enjoyed the dps tanky feel to how wars used to be. I love the class but now I'm kinda scared to come back haha. Life of a warrior has always been rough, but atleast last time I had a couple friends with me 24/7 lol. But EQ runs through my veins so worst case scenario I'm sure i can grind through it. Could anyone by any chance suggest a really populated server? Better my odds at meeting others ><
  7. Razzak Elder

Bristle always seemed busy...FV has picked up a lot...really most are generally pretty busy from what I can tell...ive only really played on the 2 listed but ive also done some peekign around at other servers...gl usually has some afk folks...baz usually has folks selling stuff...zones seemed to have ppl xping in them. I think what youll find is some folks to hang out with at low levels...then nothing from maybe 55 to 80 or so then youll meet up with the rest of the server...least thats been my xp when rerolling an alt for grins and giggles
  8. FL!P Augur

hey Razz whats you're personal opinion on how wars feel right now?