EQ2 Basic Edition: Djinn Illusion (10% XP buff) + 110 Heroic Character.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Zamiam Augur

Heroic characters do not and should not be max lvl.. 100 ok I can see that .. but not 110 ..
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Because they don't want any version of HCs to be that near the cap; also the UI is no where near awful. It is far from ideal, but it is not awful. The popups that are there work fine and do exactly what they are intended to do; give the new player information; after they are comfortable with not seeing that information they can click it to never show up again.

The reason why Daybreak would not be thinking that now is the time to put out a new version of HC is all about not wanting the new version of HC to be too close to the level cap (which 100 would be too close to 110) nor do they want the new verison to be too close to the original HC level (which 95 would be too close to 85).

The health of the game is why they don't do this, an influx of players who know nothing about how to play in the most current expansions makes things worse over all not better. It upsets existing players as they run into an overabundance of people who know nothing about the game and are running around acting like they are supposed to be in these zones, because that is where they will be told to go. Then for the new players, they would have those people complaining and rage quitting because they are not succeeding in what they think they should be able to do without having learned about there class or the game.

You seem to be under the assumption that a lot of game sites are going to give EQ a lot of press for being 20 years old. They won't. Sure, there will be a few one off blurbs and posts on various message boards and reddit, but there is not going to be any meaningful publicity that will bring EQ that many actual new players. There will be more returning players for the Anniversary, but the increase (if any) in new players will be minimal compared to the current average influx of new players to the game.

Lastly, making any kind of HC that grants max level is just plain stupid, period.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Just wanted to remind and prevent confusion for anyone who reads my original post:

Jann Magi Illusion is only included in the pre-order which ends on November 13.
  4. Lisard Silly

what are you talking about, there is no illusion in the pre-order. unless your still talking about EQ2 on the EQ1 forums...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Sashnia Elder

EQ2 has gone much like wow in that they realise if you want to get new people playing they need a catch up mechanic, no new person wants to sit in dead zones trying to solo their way to max level now on their first character, or at least not my friends, BUT if I could say to them hey, try this expansion, you can boost up to current content and we can immediately group, you know what, some may actually give it a try.

Do you know why no one buys your character boosts? because it doesn't cut out the 85-105 grind so its totally not worth the price. If you follow many other MMOs and make a character boost up to the starting content of the current expansion (level cap increasing expansion) you would sell a lot more of them.

I suggest your ROI is that the sale of character boosts would sky rocket compared to where it currently sits in sales turnover.

I don't want you to implement this for my benefit, I have enough max level toons, I want you to do this for the health of the game. Need more new blood.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Yes, talking about my original post related to EQ2 expac. Thanks for the clarification.
  7. Angahran Augur

Personally, the basic edition should at least provide the clicky transport to the new expansion.
    Barton likes this.
  8. Zamiam Augur

I agree , they need to add at least the clicky to the new expansion onto basic, however I know their thinking and if they did that most would not buy the C or P package..
    I'll end up buying the P for my main and then the B for all my alt accounts so at least I have the Guild port to it ..I also usually end up waiting a year and buy them when they go on sale . Ive got enough to do in past expansions I dont Need to do the Current expansion for awhile plus that gives them time to work all the bugs out :p
  9. Prepared Lorekeeper

Let's be frank shall we? My name isn't Frank but you know what I mean...

Now is the time to be preparing for the release of the next expansion to hit in December. But after that is released and settled in then a higher level heroic character would extend Everquest much longer. Maybe the higher level Everquest 2 heroic character option is a test to see how well it does and then Everquest will get its higher level heroic character?

There is another MMORPG that is still in pre-alpha that is very similar to Everquest in the design of the group mechanic. It has updated graphics and combat style. For me to stay with Everquest there would need to be higher than 85 heroic character that I can be given (ideally during the 20th anniversary) for having a subscription. Otherwise I will more than likely depart for the other game once it hits beta stage. The best opportunity for Everquest to keep the most players is during the 20th anniversary that most people know will be the 16th of March 2019.
    Barton likes this.
  10. Barton The Mischievous

Agreed , Now is the time not 2-3 years down the road. The more they put stuff off the more attrition takes it's toll.