EQ vs FQ

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Bigstomp Augur

I can do FQ while at work. EQ at work is a bit more complicated. I don't win at either game but I can try.
    Risiko likes this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Perhaps I was thinking of 4-5 years ago? When I started FQ, oderationmay was overactive to say the least =/
  3. Risiko Augur

I'm quite bad at ForumQuest, but I keep trying. I'm going to ding level 2 some day ;)
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. Verily Tjark Augur

Need more achievements in FQ...
  5. GoneFission Augur

I find that I tend to enjoy the game more, the less I read the forums. Right now, I’m pretty burned out from boxing 2 groups of 3, plus another that I rotate in) though EoTD flagging. It isn’t at all hard, but so much running back and forth times 7 toons.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Risiko Augur

I burn out from time to time (as I am sure everyone does to a certain extent). The way I deal with it is by cutting back on my EQ time and spending more time playing other games as well as hanging out with friends and family. Eventually the EQ bug bites me again, and I get back in hardcore.

Right now I am in one of those burned out funks. I show up for raids, and that's about it for EQ. Considering we are in Velious on Coirnav, that works out fine as there isn't much else to do other than raids (that I want to do). Come Thanksgiving when Luclin opens on Coirnav, I will get back in to EQ heavily to get those AAs and VT key pieces.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Impatiently waiting for date of expansion and beta announcement.

Checking the boards far too much to be healthy at the moment.
  8. Sancus Augur

My crystal ball says:

On Monday, October 15th, they'll announce a live stream that will occur on Tuesday, October 23rd. Beta will launch that same day.

I might be wrong, but I like to have these predictions in writing so that I can brag about it on the off chance I'm not.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  9. Maedhros High King

Nostradamus?
  10. Buds Augur

I haven't played much in the last couple years. I log in and see what's going on sometimes. I started in 1999 on Emarr and played for a decade or so, then on and off for the other years. I always seemed to play more, when one of my classes was a bit OP lol. Then a nerf would come and I would end up quitting. This games biggest downfall was all the nerfs it had over the years. I mean nerfing things that have been in the game for over a decade, just took the fun out of it. Who wants to log in and have a character that is much weaker than he was the day before?? I can see if something was broken, but a lot of the things were just fun. I think every class should have some OP ability, make it fun!! Balance, in my book means balancing challenge with fun. If the scale tips, it should always be towards fun. Seen many people quit from frustration, ZERO quit from being too powerful.

Anyways, I check the forum a couple times a month, to see if anything new and exciting has been introduced. I want to want to play the game, it was so much fun before. Just seems like most of the fun and cool abilities have been sucked out of the game and it's just a grind. Would give anything to have a game like EQ was when I first got it, it was the most amazing thing I had ever seen or played.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You’re doing it wrong my friend. You need to make outlandish claims/threats like you’ll give away all your krono or eat a double decker poop sandwich if wrong. *then* we can refer back to this post with admiration!
    Sancus likes this.
  12. IblisTheMage Augur

#nostrasancus
  13. Aurastrider Augur

Kind of in the same boat. 2 month break with exception to logging in a couple of times with just my main toon and killing a couple random mobs in old zones. During this break I have made several thousand extra dollars working extra shifts, taken a vacation with the family, built a gazebo and paver patio in my backyard and have gotten about twice as much sleep as I was when I was playing. I was going to attempt to jump back on tonight and start boxing again but the old habit of launching my toons never happened. Instead I spent some time playing FQ, surfing the internet and watching the office. I love this game and I am sure I will get back into it again but for some reason I cant bring myself to log my toons in. I managed to log my main on for an hour or so and mostly just cleared his inventory out and cleared the zone he was camped in for the sake of saying I killed some mobs. I plan to buy the new expansion on my main account to support the game but I don't know if I will be purchasing new content on all of my accounts again. RL tends to drag me away more than it allows me to play which just puts me behind more and more as time goes by. My goal of finishing all of COTF, TDS and EOK before the next expansion launch is looking more and more unrealistic and I will be lucky to finish TDS by then. Maybe the upcoming fall bonus events will suck me back in.