eq ui compare(post your ui)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sokon, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Sokon Augur

2. Khat_Nip Meow

3. Zvenn Just an old monk

4. Treiln Augur

Ooooh....i like these...how do I go about finding/customizing to something like this??
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

6. The real Sandaormo Augur

7. The real Sandaormo Augur

8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Are these all custom Ui's that you have to keep updated or are any the default UI with personal changes made?
  9. Brohg Augur

There are very few custom bits being displayed. Mostly just arranging the basic windows in a way that makes sense to the user on a high resolution screen.
  10. Zvenn Just an old monk

mine is a blend of both, but yes anything that is custom has to be updated when they tweak those particular UI files in patches (doesnt take too long to fix them though) and i keep them all named differently than default so its easy to toggle between them (you can have multiple UI folders in the UI directory) you can get a lot off eqinterface.com but some people arent updating their original work anymore so as long as you know what you are doing you can keep yours up to date to make sure its not broken via patches :)
  11. Darkj New Member

Only picture I have of mine currently. It's laid out much better now, but this is just a quick snapshot of what things look like.

Modified/shrunken "Old Default" style UI. Several windows modified to be more minimalist and reduce useless/dead space and duplicate information. Kept up to date as long as I'm playing.
    [IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes that was exactly what I was asking, thanks all. I had messed with custom UI in the past when all of them were kept updated and there were like 100's to choose from and I do not want to go that path again, specifically since many of them are not updated, so I keep the basic version of the game UI and change stuff around. So its good to know that some of these can be incorporated into my screen too.
  13. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

14. Sokon Augur

there are many non-default ui's posted here. however the pic posted by the op users only the basic default ui IN eq. The viewport command enables this ui to only have one screen, a hotbar, on the actual viewing screen. Everything else is off the screen. A 24" or larger monitor with atleast 1920x1080(my settings) or better will allow a rather slick setup with the viewport command. Figuring this command out is very easy with just a pixel count vs resolution setting.

it's quite nice, examining closer you will notice i have nearly every ui screen of use including more than 10 hotbars up, and my entire viewing screen is available to me as well, no overlapping on the viewing screen is incredible with the viewport command. clicking on the picture will expand it out and you will see just how massive of a screen set up it is.
  15. Treiln Augur

Fanra likes this.
  16. solarfly New Member

OP, that's a really interesting way to lay things out, I'll work more on mine... if EQ comes back any day now (currently in maintenance)
  17. Phrovo1 Augur

I have 7? or so chat windows, 2 of them are dedicated to damage I do/fail to do(miss) and damage I take/avoid tanking, one for chat, one for important info like too far away, x dies, x ramps, emotes, etc, one for enemy damage shield (those pesky things), lots of /chatfontsize changes, and one minimized in the corner with info I don't care about. Sparxx base with Stice buff windows because I can't stand how needlessly huge his buff/song windows are
  18. kookoo Augur

19. Belkar_OotS Augur

I would love to see how people have their overlays for GINA and Gamparse, as those are the bits I would like to find a better way to display. Especially gamparse, I want to shrink that sucker down!
  20. kookoo Augur