EQ Stops responding after "Enter World"

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Poyzen Frawg, Jul 27, 2021.

1. Poyzen Frawg Augur

When I select my character and push "Enter World" button, EQ stops responding. When I try again, I get the waring that I have a character already in the world (The one I just tried to log in on.) So I kick the one in the world and SOMTIMES I can get in. Mostly I need to keep trying over and over.

Super irritating. Any ideas how to fix it?
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Maybe a corrupt zone file? Try running a file check from the patcher to make sure everything is up to date. Or, you could look for that particular zone file in your EQ directory, delete it, and let the patcher reinstall it.

Is it just one character that has a problem? If so, did you try the "return home" button and see if that at least gets you in game?
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

If it is just one character doing this then it is probably a corrupt character UI file.

If any character you have that goes to that zone crashes it is probably a corrupt zone file.

To fix a corrupt zone file delete that zone's .zon & .eqg file from your EQ directory then run the file checker - (HOW? - https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/e...73-How-do-I-validate-game-files-in-EverQuest-)

To fix a corrupt character UI file, close the game, rename the
    UI_<charactername>_<servername>.ini
    to something like UI_<charactername>_OLD_<servername>.ini
    then restart the game, your character will then create a fresh character file, you can then copy your prior UI settings from the renamed file using copy layout.
  4. Poyzen Frawg Augur

This happens with all characters, all accounts, and all zones.

Seems to be a connection problem. My ISP cant handle the switch from world server to Zone server. :(
  5. Metanis Bad Company

Try adjusting your MTU value and/or try playing through a VPN. Some few ISPs seem to do "traffic shaping" that can interfere with game server responses. Frontier comes to mind for example.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Try this one:

Right Mouse button Click the EQ Icon, select Properties then compatibility then put a check in the box for "disable full screen optimizations" hit apply then run as administrator the first time you log in
  7. Braak New Member

I've just downloaded the game from the DayBreak site, onto a brand new system. Marcus told me to 'clean boot' so I did. Same problem persists - the system crashes after the server select screen. This 'disable' response did not work for me, as well.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not sure who Marcus is but see if installing Direct X 9c works. Many times a system will need that version for some reason and while new systems all have the latest Direct X that latest version does not include 9C and many times will override 9C.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

also this post has a great run thru by Skuz of things to try- esp about installing into a different folder
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/problem-with-game-install.276735/#post-4051632

Keep in mind that while you do not have an error related specifically to Direct X but that controls graphics which in turn can cause the game to throw a black screen or crash