EQ short stories ~time of "EQ NEXT"

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Warlord1999, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Warlord1999 Journeyman

Around 2014 or so (i could be off by a year or two), as "EQ NEXT" was being hyped up, there were short stories being released that you could read online....
    I really dont have a lot of details, I just remember that the first one introduced an ogre character, and then another introduced what i assume is the equivalent of a wood elf, and they live in some strange land and use a portal to escape some terrible black dragon.
    Any of this ring a bell for anyone? If so, where could i find them if they are still available?
  2. Nniki Augur

3. Warlord1999 Journeyman

4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am pretty sure the horrid reception of their "not EQ" lore for EQNext and its poor reception is why it ended up becoming vaporware.
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

there are also some EQ novels, and at least 1 EQ D20 rule book based on Luclin (as I sit here looking at it in my bookshelf..)
  6. Lisard Silly

i was so hyped for EQnext...and then they up and abandoned it because of the landmark game lol
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

8. Sobmre Augur

eqnext failed cuz of that long hair dude put all of the resources into landmark

Prolly because he liked minecraft more then eq
  9. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Landmark and EQN were hype for the sale, game company equivalent of pump and dump.

Remember SOEmote? And so many other red flags along the way. sigh...
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

False. EQN and LM were conceived with the best intentions - delivering the best possible product. Operational constraints were either grossly underestimated or completely ignored during the concept and design phase. EQN was HUGELY ambitious for any studio. A lot of hours and money were poured into EQN, and some pretty fascinating technology resulted from these efforts. It's a shame EQN was never finished, as I am confident it would have blown us all away. In the end, the scope of the project was its undoing.