EQ rip off

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by alexander97, Nov 24, 2018.

1. That0neguy Augur

[IMG]
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  2. Charlestown New Member

If you are asking for another game to play that feels like EQ this is not the place to do it. Please show respect to the host/developers and do this elsewhere. YouTube has tons of MMO news videos.
    Pirlo and Khat_Nip like this.
  3. Buri Augur

Oh, come on.. that's just silly, I won't live that long!
  4. Jhaerik Journeyman

Honestly the closest game out there (currently) to EQ is another game of the same generation. Anarchy Online. Look past that Sci-Fi reskin and it's basically the same exact game.

Primary tank class, primary healer class, hybrid/lesser healers, ranged dps, pet classes, mez's/charms, port classes, run speed.... ect. The classes are almost identical to EQ classes.

The game even has a dort of Alternate experience system similar to AA's.
  5. Herodotus Augur

At the risk of honestly being accused of hijacking a thread, it is fun to speculate about gaming in 2040. VR everything? WoW metastasizes and takes over the gaming world? My website log-in issue (needles Roxxlyy gently) gets solved? Or does everything go REALLY hardcore? I do like to speculate and it is fun to try and imagineer the future.
  6. Snack Augur

The Oasis.
  7. Frael Elder

We'll all be living in The Matrix. The only difference being the machines won't have enslaved us and plugged us in, we will voluntarily, even enthusiastically, do it to ourselves.
  8. svann Augur

Never die, just reboot.
  9. Herodotus Augur

Trying to think of a way to fit the current addiction to reality television into this scenario. In any case, if we were already living as part of a matrix, would we even be aware of it?
  10. Hissteria Lorekeeper

There is a whole community of aspiring game designers that rework Everquest to suit their desires through an emulation system. Some of them operate servers the public can use, often for free.

The downsides to that is that all the emulated EQ worlds they have made are boring and much less developed than real EQ on the real servers, and far less populated.

It is the people that most people play for, and the game is more like a medium/conduit for those people to work together.