EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Most likely because the demand for a blue TLP even if it was split into segments would still outweigh any demand they see for PvP. Why else would they ask PvP folks to show demand in some Q&A?

I think they realized the once a year server launches generate some good money instantly, now are just trying to figure out how to make those runs last longer. Based on the previous TLPs you'd be crazy to think the next server at least one of them isn't a Phinny / Mangler similar rule set. Maybe server #2 is PvP, but they are a business and that would be a waste of resources just based on "any perceived demand out there"

Any server without an AoC and PvP on it I'd wager some krono would die a similar death. I also think those servers don't lose money until they have to waste labor hours on maintenance as the costs to keep a server with less than 200 folks must be wicked low.
  2. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Problems with Agnarr are

1 It's already dead so it would be hard to convince those on RoZ and Red to come over.
    2 It's not really a TLP at this point since it won't advance any further. I don't want PvP i want TLP PvP
    3 It's already got a bunch of fully time geared, flagged/keyed and AA toons that could easily be flagged Red. So the playing field would be uneven.
  3. That0neguy Augur

So why not on the next TLP server the PVP group creates 3 guilds. 1 Evil, 1 Neutral, and 1 Good. All players in those 3 guilds flag themselves red. Now you have your PVP TLP.
    Risiko likes this.
  4. Brawl Elder

Or y'know - not keep repeating the same boring PvE rulesets and actually release a PvP Teams server along-side the next PvE TLP.
  5. That0neguy Augur

Good argument!
  6. mark Augur

imagine they made a pvp server along a pve server and 500 people logged in the first week someone would start ganking the lower lvl say 200 quit and stop playing eq,id daybreak dident make a pvp server the might have got 400 out of the 500 playing pve so why darkpow shoot themselves in the foot and loose subs.
  7. Brawl Elder

I don't need to argue with you, read the previous 45 pages of this thread and you'll find an answer to your "solution" several times.
  8. Brawl Elder

Imagine being able to read and make sense of the drivel that you write.
  9. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

I like your thinking, let's just say i have plans for the next TLP to be Red ;)
  10. mark Augur

brawl not everyone speaks american english with their different dialects.
  11. Stagentti Augur

You keep saying this and it's still funny every time. Never gets old.
  12. Risiko Augur

That would make entirely too much sense. It's much more illogical for them to keep arguing here in the forums for their own dedicated server rather than proving they actually will play on it by doing it first on a server like you suggested.

Incoming nonsensical defamatory response from Brawl in 3... 2.... 1...
    Fraggly likes this.
  13. Brawl Elder

April, 2018:

Like I said, that "solution" to flagging red on an existing PvE server has been discussed before, numerous times.
    The verdict was and is, that players who enjoy PvP, want a PvP TLP server for a number of reasons that you can refer to by looking through the pages in this thread.
  14. johncritons Journeyman

15. Dulu Augur

Broadsword, the company who runs Dark Age of Camelot reached out to the pvp movement and said they will be launching classic DAOC servers, full of all the PvP we can handle this year.

Its good to know that there is a company out there who can read a fan base.

I look forward to subscribing to DAoC and giving them money instead of Darkpaw.
    DosPanchos likes this.
  16. mark Augur

daybreak has planetside2 and hz1 for pvp,pure pvp games.
  17. mark Augur

or eq2 has a pvp server launched last year.
  18. Angered Augur

I am going to say good riddance and adios thank you for leaving and take your 10-20 EQ PVPers with you! Enjoy all the DAOC you can! I support this 100% never infest these forums with your insane ideas ever again! Now we can get back to some realness and talk about that FV TLP! All though i would have liked to hear more EQ stories about you and your playing skills doesn't seem like ill get that with you leaving and never ever returning for any reason except to apologize for bring up eq pvp!!!
    Fraggly and mark like this.
  19. Maneuvre Augur

20. ECrack Augur

I said an argument that holds water.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.