EQ PVP Big Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hane, Jan 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

I'm aware that's an option. Just curious as to a little more detail than that.

Are we gonna sit around and bake cookies and chat? Should I make my level 1 now and work on my baking?

;)
    PVPme likes this.
  2. Dulu Augur

We did some testing last night, and apparently my account can skip the tutorial, but can not skip Crescent Reach. My friend's account can NOT skip the tutorial, but can skip directly to racial starting cities.

Definitely some wonky coding going on, but we're going to test it and will have it figured out exactly where to spawn in/run to.

Feel free to join the discord for the most up to date information, and thank you for your support!:

https://discord.gg/bbDdTK
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  3. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

My off the cuff guess would be accounts old enough to have at least one character created before TSS that is still on that account.
  4. Stagentti Augur

I can't find it but I could have sworn not TOO long ago someone had this issue on an old account and once they created a new, free account they were fine.

Though admittedly that isn't proven. But thought might be helpful cause it would match up with what you said.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I hate to burst your bubble, but I didn't even play EQ when the Sleeper was killed, I was playing DAoC, a game that had better PvP than EQ ever did. I give exactly zero fks what guilds or what servers killed the Sleeper. What I take issue with is people claiming that those players were somehow "better" than others, when the reality is that the only reason they killed it was because of a bug. All of that teamwork and perseverance would have meant precisely if it hadn't have been bugged, and yet despite that, I explicitly acknowledged that it WAS still an accomplishment (of teamwork and perserverance). I'm sorry that the truth of it seems to offend you, but that's a "you" problem, not a "me" problem.

• You have no free speech right on a privately owned forum.
    • Few people actually give a crap if you want a PvP server. What people dislike is you all being obnoxious by spamming the crap out of every forum, Discord channel, and even in game. It is, in fact, explicitly against the rules to cross-post and petition on the forums (and presumably the discord).
    • Not scared because it absolutely won't happen.
    • I comment because I can, and because the amount of posts/views in this thread has 0 effect on whether they will make a PvP server or not.
    • I'll see you at Dreamweaver's announcement, but if you're hoping it's PvP related, well, don't.
    P.S. Is this a long enough reply for you? I want to make sure you're getting your money's worth.
    Genoane and Skuz like this.
  6. markkk Lorekeeper

if you have an account thats active you can make a charecter in a starting city if not tutorial or starting at crescent reach.
    MasterMagnus and Dulu like this.
  7. Sollix Journeyman

I'd try a PvP server sounds interesting.

Looking at the current TLP servers I see no issue with giving the PvP crowd a chance. Any new PVE server will just hurt these current servers. If the fear is a "dead" server its pretty clear we already got a lot of them.
    ECrack likes this.
  8. Dulu Augur

Thanks Sollix! Welcome to the movement.

Join the discord. Lots of great conversations going on. We're going to be having an event on the 29th, giving away some stuff and having fun.

https://discord.gg/bbDdTK
  9. Aneuren Tempered Steel

If you are serious about this, you should get this list down to the absolute minimum that would be accepted as a compromise.

I'm not sure if you realize the extent of these requests. The Truebox-level-enforcement alone is probably disqualifying.
  10. Dulu Augur

I am not sure what you mean. Most of the TLP’s are truebox, and that is what we want. I just added as a side note I would prefer it actually be enforced more.

The only thing I would imagine requires coding beyond turning things off and on (such as /pick) is hard coding the teams.

So what exactly do you think is too much to ask?
  11. NinjutsuMMO Augur

All the krono farmers who ruin the game are just upset and scared because we can kill their bot armies on a pvp tlp it’s obvious
    ECrack likes this.
  12. Asmongold New Member

I'd stop playing WoW Classic and definitely get in on some PVP TLP action.
    ECrack and Dulu like this.
  13. Runes Augur

You don't need PvP to stop farmers, you can bring in enough dps to win their mobs and starve them if they are at their computers and if they are afk, you can train them.
    If they afk farming for long periods they won't be opening up any tickets on you to report because they won't be there to see you.
    Either way problem solved without PvP
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

I have never used any of the cheat programs. Ever. But if they disable autofollow in core EQ, I will.
  15. PVPme Augur

See this is what I don't get. People already play EverQuest in a very toxic manner doing these things you've listed among many other things you didn't list. Entire guilds DPS race for fun and sport to see who is the best. Why is it so hard to believe people would enjoy playing on a PvP server?

Its already a PvEvP environment on these TLP servers so why are you so oppose to just taking off the training wheels and settling it like elfs? Our community is growing everyday as we come together to voice and show Darkpaw we would pay and play on a TLP PVP server.
    ECrack likes this.
  16. ECrack Augur

This is a really well thought out waste of time you got here. I appreciate that you read all of mine but I glanced over yours. Sorry you’re mad. Thanks for your patronage we look forward to your continuation of increasing our page count!
  17. NinjutsuMMO Augur

I disagree with that.
    On a server where boxing isn’t allowed I’m not going to recruit 10 Dps classes to police people and their bot armies....

Everyone had seen the 6-10 mage bot armies running rampant....

Your logic is pretty strange
  18. NinjutsuMMO Augur

We’re discussing pvp servers and you’re discussing ways to out dps bot armies on pve servers ?
    Can you stay on topic please or find another thread to ramble on about ?
  19. That0neguy Augur

Funny coming from a someone in this "movement" that is literally cluttering all threads with junk about PVP.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Stagentti Augur

I think he made his comment because you said krono farmers, who employ bot armies, were scared of PVP servers (I agree that they are and will stay in their PVE holes). And he took that as you saying they can't be dealt with on a PVE server so he offered ways you can stop them without needing PVP.

Just trying to piece it all together. Don't shoot the messenger lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.