EQ PLAYERS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phynster, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geroblue Augur

I have all of my EQ characters on Magelo. Well beyond 36 characters. 54 characters on one account. I have all 3 of my paid accounts there, around 140 toons. And I paid for the extra slots and got my one silver and one bronze account on there as well.
  2. Fendy Augur

I just got a message in game "your player data will be updated in EQ Players shortly". Haven't seen that in ages. Maybe they're working on making it active again finally.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I hope so, is about time.
  4. Mykaylla Augur

Ha, don't get too hopeful, it has been doing this for ages.
    It has amused me no end that my paladin has been faithfully updating EQPlayers ever since the site was taken down.
  5. Elricvonclief Augur

Bring back your paladin, Mykaylla!!!!
  6. Astehroth Elder

They cant even release a full expansion every year now, what chance do you think there is of them working on a project such as EQ players when it has been out of commission for so many years already?

Pay your subs and understand your getting less for your money or quit.
    Genadine likes this.
  7. •Obss• Journeyman

Is this still being worked on? If so what is the ETA?

It used to be kind of cool to see myself on the server class scoreboard.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

N-N-N-n-n-necrothread!
  9. Buster_Shruggs Augur

Awww, I thought it was some sort of a Call to arms!!!! "Here me, EQ Players!"
    Beimeith likes this.
  10. •Obss• Journeyman

This is the #1 google hit for eqplayers, I feel it's the best place to ask.
  11. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's not. You should make a new thread, not necropost in a 7 year old thread.

Also, in partial answer to your question, there was a recent stream where the person responsible for a lot of the eqplayers stuff said Daybreak ended it because it was too expensive.

Given the smaller size of the team since then, it seems unlikely that it will ever return, unfortunately.
    Hellowhatsyourname and Nennius like this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

its kinda like trader gotta spend money to make money dbg aint to smart they could make money but they dont really want to. i liked eqplayers dont care for the magelo and inflated ac stats i mean 28k ac for a ranger really? i have like 7400 in game and i dont see how a ranger has 28k so magelo gotta be making ac stats big for some reason. weird how all the rangers seem to be using shields i have never ever used a shield on my ranger.

Andarriel
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Is 7 years a new necro record?
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Nothing wrong with the algorithm that web search uses or the results, it's up to posters to do a common-sense check on the date of the most recent post in the thread though.

As for EQplayers - it's long dead, it's very hard to find a definitive "we stopped doing it" from web-searches but I do recall that it was horribly buggy, unreliable & kept breaking all the time, eventually becoming frozen awaiting code work that never materialised.
    During the 2012 Fanfaire SoE promised to fix it, along with a raft of promises to the EQ players that never materialised either, by end of 2013 I believe it was quietly removed after weeks of refunds.

Later on in (2017?) something was being built by one of the EQ2 Coders (Zoltaroth) after he had converted EQ from the old flat file system to a Database he was working on an API known inside SoE as "Census", which was touted as being around 80% completed but then Zoltaroth left the company and the project was never finished, and given the huge number of changes since it is highly unlikely it or anything like it will ever be tried again.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

EQ used to not show you your REAL AC but a "fake" number that combined other things into it. The idea being to make it easier for players to know if an item was better. (The AC number goes up, this must be better, even if it's less REAL AC).

A few years back they changed it in-game to show your REAL AC value.

Magelo still uses the old AC calculation for some reason...

Raidloot.com profiles use Real AC, but I don't think they are public, or even if they are few people use it.
    Nennius, Buster_Shruggs and Andarriel like this.
  16. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Oh yea i totally forgot about that thanks for bringing that up makes sense now.

Andarriel
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

18. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There would probably be even older ones, but they restarted the forums about ... 8 years ago ;)
    dreamweaver and svann like this.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

Hmmm perhaps this could explain what i just found.

Achievement-NecroQuest:
    Necro a thread that is eight years old or older. 250 pts.
    Sissruukk likes this.
  20. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

After today's patch Necrothreading only gets 2 pts and a fishing grub
    Tatanka, Skuz, cadres and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.