EQ PLAYERS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phynster, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phynster New Member

has anyone heard anything bout eq players? is SoE trying to fix it or was it just abandoned?
  2. Toquillaw Augur

They were planning to release a software interface for websites to access various info ... that was announced last year at fan fair as I recall. No word since.
  3. Moklianne Augur

"It will be released soon." (TM)
    Leerah likes this.
  4. Braveheart Augur

Partner with Magelo. Allow in game sync to communicate with their system so it includes all players in the data base. Why build something new when something that works already exists?
    minimind likes this.
  5. Denlar New Member

Magelo costs players money to Sync. EQ Players was a free.
    Andarriel likes this.
  6. Deadmoney New Member

I miss EQ Players so badly. It was one of the highlights of playing EQ. The whole player of the day was awesome. Seeing the higher ranked people and maybe checking out their gear was insanely cool. I could see how I stacked up to the big dogs. It was a good time.
    Elricvonclief likes this.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

I hope they give some info about Eqplayers at sony live this year.
  8. Ronak Augur

9. Phynster New Member

ya i use magelo right now, but i would rather have eqplayers back up cause it was free and eq automatically synced peoples accounts with it, and u didnt have to buy slots to have more then 3 toons on eqplayers
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Leerah Augur

And I could see how many guilds were larger than we and I could find old friends on other servers.
  11. Elricvonclief Augur

I'd love to be able to see if old friends came back to the game.
    Leerah, Moklianne and Kelefane like this.
  12. Kelefane Augur

A lot of raiding guilds still wanted their members to use Magelo even when EQplayers was around. Why? I have no clue. But I know that was the case.

Ive always used Magelo personally. About the only feature on that old EQplayers website that I liked, was that you could see every players name ever created on any given server.
  13. Elricvonclief Augur

I remember that was because EQplayers couldn't be trusted for accuracy. Many folks had problems with it showing weeks or months old profiles.
    minimind, Leerah and Kelefane like this.
  14. Mykaylla Augur

It could also be fudged with buffs et cetera- people manually synching EQPlayers when they got a cleric in group for aura and hitting third spire, a warrior to hit field armourer, a druid to give them bear, an enchanter for second spire and abstract acumen, a bard singing every boost song they could think of, et cetera.

Some people really, really like being the top of rankings!

There was also a bug with some people, that they couldn't make it update at all unless they server transferred.
    Elricvonclief and Kelefane like this.
  15. Kelefane Augur

Yeah, that was it. It was buggy as all hell. I knew that there was something about that old EQplayers sync that made me stay away from it.
  16. Khat_Nip Meow

In my opinion the fact that buffs were applied to stats was the single biggest problem with EQPlayers.
    It gave you absolutely no common baseline for it to be used comparatively at all. I never understood why they did it that way.
    Some people have all buffs, some have none, some have different ranks, some a mish-mash. How was that a good idea? Seriously.
    If/when it comes back I would hope that the likes of buffs/songs/discs/auras/clickies et al are completely excluded from display because it's senseless to include them.
    How are you supposed to get a true representation of where you stand when stats are so dynamically all over the place from one day to the next.
  17. Geroblue Augur

3 accounts, not 3 toons. My paid magelo account has over 90 toons on it on three accounts.
  18. Gragas Augur

Heck, it showed me at Lvl 50 for like 3 years because of some monster mission I did.
  19. Mykaylla Augur

I was a level 1 froglok for quite some time. :eek: I petitioned about it at one point.
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  20. Nolrog Augur

I wouldn't go as far as Vaporware. It did come out at one point. It just wasn't functional and had tons of bugs. I think mainly because it's hard to add this into an existing game, rather than build it from the ground up during development, so they have the proper hooks into the data to pull the info.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.