EQ Players. Last Nail On That Coffin?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Siwin Nonesuch, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

No, they don't.
  2. Moklianne Augur

It was a tongue-in-cheek....
    Leerah likes this.
  3. Falos Augur

EQ next has more resources now that EQMac is being shutdown =D
  4. Moklianne Augur

Unfortunately, we really didn't have any. Just a part time dev from Vanguard that did the best he could.
  5. Xirtket Augur

It would be nice yes, but doing something like that would probably mean royalty fees, or some other type of fee associated with using the magelo service, since magelo charges a fee for premium membership, you could expect them to at least want that out of the deal and that would probably mean higher monthly fees for the players. I highly doubt SOE would buyout magelo since they also support other MMO's and would have to take that revenue into consideration in a buyout.
  6. Xirtket Augur

That's because apple products are so proprietary, they suck, and are grossly overpriced imo.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Moklianne Augur

Thank you for your concern of the closing down of an entire server and the characters that will be soon deleted that were built up with love and determination for a decade by making this a PC vs Mac fight....
    Leerah likes this.
  8. Xirtket Augur

I fail to see in my statement where I said I lacked a sense of empathy for the people who played on that server, and in no way did I compare a mac to a pc.

However if SOE is willing to do the right thing, they will offer free character transfers off of said server and onto a normal server, as well as keep those character files for people to come back to, instead of just flat out deleting them.

Also did SOE say they were going to delete them? or is that just the general feeling everyone gets? I'm curious if they plan on it or not, because if they do, that's just bad juju.
  9. Leerah Augur

And yet, every morning, "Your data is being updated in EQ Players" or some such message.
  10. Goranothos Augur

So Al'Kabor is being shut down? I thought SoE announced they were going to a few months ago, then changed their minds? Did they reverse themselves a second time?

Could someone point me to a link of the official announcement?

Sorry to hear that. Characters definitely should not be deleted. That's just wrong. They should be given a free transfer to any server they want, even if it takes some "resources" to do so.
  11. Piestro Augur

It's on a list of things we'd like to do, but it's low on the overall priority list. Implementing something like this is very complicated (both by the amount of data for EQ and the way EQ's system is substantially different than anything else we do). No date or even date for a date is on the horizon.
    Benden and Elricvonclief like this.
  12. Moklianne Augur

13. Geroblue Augur

I think Magelo and EQ could work together, not as a buyout of Magelo.

I get the impression that EQ could give more data to Magelo when an upgrade happens so their upgrade works more smootly.
  14. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

OMG Thank You Piestro.:)
    So i'll file EQ Players under We would like to at some point but its not high on our to do list heading. hehe!
    I know a Lot of players have there opinions on EQ players. For me personaly, I always thought it was a good feature and a nice added bonus to Everquest.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I had no problem with the old system. It was not 100% accurate but better than nothing. There were some wild variations for some people but I could live that.
  16. Elricvonclief Augur

Thank you for responding, Piestro.

It is nice to hear that it's "on the list." While not perfect, I did like the features.

I know it'd be GREAT to check to see which old friends from years ago finally did log back in.
    Leerah and oogolx like this.