EQ on MacOS?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by notapenguintho, Jan 16, 2021.

1. notapenguintho New Member

Ok, so I haven't played in 15 years. honestly, I didn't even know EQ was still around. I got super excited, and then realized it doesn't work for MacOS. I have looked at things similar to Wine (which doesn't work on Catalina and newer bc it's a 32-bit thing), but it's all very slow. Clearly too slow to be able to play a game. It makes even simple things laggy. I wanted to see if anyone knows any good ways to run EQ on my MacOS (Big Sur) without having to partition my hard drive. I am not opposed to this, but wanted to try other things before i delved into this.

Any ideas guys?
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Buy a PC is all I would advise.
    Laerkai likes this.
  3. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I used bootcamp to run Windows on a macbook and played fine for many years that way.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Yep, if you're running Big Sur on Intel-based Mac, Bootcamp should still be supported.

If you are running Big Sur on an M1 Mac. You are out of options on that device.
  5. Waldiin New Member

Sorry, to Necro a thread but this can be accomplished on M1 Macs now by using Beta version of Parallels 16 ARM version and the Windows Insider version of Windows 10 ARM Preview. You have to be a Windows Insider member to get access to it but it's free to sign up.

This is currently the only method I have found that works, It does not run in Crossover 20 as it constantly crashes to desktop after server select and the same for PlayOnMac.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Do you have links to all that's needed? Or perhaps able to write a walkthru?