EQ needs /enable-tell-to-text

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mookus, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Mookus Augur

I would pay a bit extra to be able to register my text number and be able to toggle a mode that sent in game tells to a text message. And that I could even /reply from a text. I’d think this would require that I had my character logged in. I practically never log out, I just afk in places.

One motivator for me here is getting alerts for grouping or for missions. But obviously it’d have a lot of uses.

This sounds like the kind of thing the devs could do right?
  2. Elyssanda Bardbrain

with all of the problems they have had recently with Chat, you want to add MORE things that can go wrong?
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Who is going to be paying the mobile provider to send those to you?
    Angahran likes this.
  4. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Similar to the idea, I'd like to have bazaar sales when offline send an email to the address attached to the account detailing the transaction.

"Sold Batwing Crunchies (20) to Jimbobthedestroyer for 3p 2g."
    Nennius likes this.
  5. Mookus Augur

Maybe email would be better than text messaging. That’d work just as well imo.

Maybe link it to an email audio trigger.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Being able to reply from your phone would open up too much potential for abuse I think. There's enough problems with afk groups, giving them another work around to make it look like they're not afk while killing would be a hard no from me. As others have mentioned, the logistics of such a system is probably way beyond anything they could implement or if they could it would be at the cost of lots of new content.
  7. strongbus Augur

they kinda tried this years ago. there was IM software that let you send and get tells as well as do /gu chat. Think it lasted all of 4 or 5 months.
  8. Zamiam Augur

lol i could just see your at work or out with friends and you get a few alerts .. friends or coworkers like whats that .. you respond oh nothing i just sold 20 BATWING CRUNCHIES and made 60p :p lol that would be Hilarious .
    Rofl thanks RAsp i needed a good laugh
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Don't everquest already have facebook integration, can't you just use that?
  10. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Huh? They barely even use their own Facebook page. I don't think they have any social media or out of game integration with anything although they really should.
  11. Angahran Augur

Just imagine, now you could get cold callers /telling you to let you know your mount's extended warranty is about to expire, and for a small fee they can renew it!
    Zamiam, Elyssanda and Qelil like this.
  12. Hayzeus Augur

This sounds like the kind of thing the devs could only do wrong.

I predict a massive ddos for either your email provider when they over spam everyone... or at least until the EQ servers fall over sideways because there's no way they could pull this off without ddos'ing themselves at the same time.

It took them years to get general chat working (is it even yet?). No way they could pull this off. Not to text, and not to email. No way no how.