EQ Music, Daybreak ruined it...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Apr 24, 2017.

1. hein Augur

I subbed up over the weekend to get myself prepared for the new server coming out next month. (I thought it was this Wednesday and not next month when I subbed, sigh). I had a blast over the weekend, playing in old school zones, leveling up, actually grouping right from the get go. People were very kind and helpful. The whole experience really brought back some nostalgia. Except for one problem. The ADDED MUSIC. For me the music and lack of music in zones is part of the whole nostalgia for me. It's a very huge part! I love when I enter into old zones or old cities and here that familiar music. I also love the PoP expansion music. My complaint or disappointment really is the added music to zones that previously didn't have any. Example would be Bazaar. I hate the new music in the bazaar lol. Another example, that I found was Paladul Caverns. Use too, all you would hear is the weird chain sounds and stuff. Now there is annoying music that doesn't fit the zone and was never there. I realize this may not be a big deal to many. I could simple turn off the music, but then I might miss the music in the other zones that I love and that brings back memories. This post is less about complaining and more about just sharing a feeling and seeing if anyone else is feeling this way. Anybody???
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

The music for luclin zones was actually produced for the luclin expansion back then, they just "lost" the files somehow. :oops:
    The files was found again recently, and officially added.
    Playing luclin with music was how the devs originally meant it to be played, if that is any comfort to you. Think of it as a late bugfix.:)
    Some of the music may sound a little "too" retro with all that synth going on, but its not all that bad. (I like the scarlet desert music :cool:)
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  3. hein Augur

Interesting, I didn't realize that it was "lost" music. Thanks for sharing.
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

sounds off ftw. shocking anyone cared about the music. to each his own. I dig on youtube and my own playlist more then eq music but hey thats just me
    Aghinem likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

6. hein Augur

thanks for the info, im just going to delete or replace those music files that annoy me.
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

I totally agree with the Luclin music as I always played with music on. It's actually caused me to turn it off. Maybe I should replace those files as well. It would have probably been fine if it would have been there from the beginning. Funny how our minds work sometimes :)
  8. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

I kind of like the bazaar music...
  9. Janakin Augur

How bazaar, how bazaar
    Koryu likes this.
  10. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

There is a setting-music off. Using this would make it unnecessary for your complaints .:)
    noclue likes this.
  11. Koryu Professional Roadkill

I actually think they've done an excellent job with the in-game music and even the environmental sound effects. Unfortunately, a trend formed where later expansions saw their songs get shorter and shorter. Length is a problem because the loops generally aren't long enough, so you get tired of them even if you do enjoy them. Some older songs are in the 3-4 minute range, but more recent loops are about 60 seconds, with some as short as 20 seconds (I'm looking at you, Lichen Creep).

Songs I recommend:
    arx_mentis_lp
    dreadspirebattle (fighting Mayong)
    hatesfury (this also plays at the start of the Shard's Landing murder mystery raid)
    mechanotus
    poearth
    pojustice
    potime
    riftseekers
    shipworkshop
    thuliasaur_island_lp
    Jumbur and Elricvonclief like this.
  12. Elricvonclief Augur

I purposely just ran to Paludal Caverns to listen to the music after reading this thread, I think it sounds good.

I miss when zone music was worth listening to...
  13. hein Augur

I don't think my problem is that the music is bad, I think I'm just use to playing EQ for 18 years, and PC never had music in it before.
  14. Zish Elder

I think it's wonderful. The lost Luclin soundtrack is set in the same style as all of the classic EQ melodies.

IMO, if these had been in back in the day, Luclin would've felt much more alive than it did.
  15. Polymnia New Member

Steamfont ftw !!! Hands down the most fun one
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Hmmm, there seems to be a new mp3-file called frightfulv1.mp3 from 2017, that sounds like a speedy remix of neriak_d.mp3.
    They sometimes sneak in music for yet unreleased zones in patches, does that mean we will revisit Neriak later on?
    Let the speculation begin!! :D

A dark elf stronghold in "New Overthere" perhaps...
  17. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This is probably one of the weirdest things to complain about ive ever seen on these forums.
  18. Koryu Professional Roadkill

This is actually the song that plays when you click the Music Box from the Teir`Dal Heritage Crate.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Thanks for info, mystery solved...:)
  20. Trav New Member

I agree with Koryu's list above of the best songs from EQ. Add to that list:

• Mountainpass
    • Resplendent (From Resplendent Temple)
    • Steamfont
    • Ferubi