EQ Mobile???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evertrek, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

SOE did make bejeweled2(for playstation i think), so yeah they DO have the expertise to make a polished /gemsHD release(or something). :p
  2. Riou EQResource

LoN wasn't a good game though :p
    Gyurika Godofwar and Slippry like this.
  3. Brohg Augur

I enjoyed it
  4. Nniki Augur

I enjoyed LoN as well. Most people I talked to about it at the time just didn't understand how to play it.
  5. Denial_Sinfae Augur

It had a pretty steep learning curve compared to other TCGs. I also enjoyed it, and to add to it, you could reap in game rewards from it. If it comes back I have a time killer and the chance for moar in game lewts on my phone.

Hopefully regardless of whatever this is hinting at is a good time killer and allows for in game rewards. My father in law plays wow and he can put characters on some kind of quest from his phone and farm stuff. Idk. Whatever it is, it's exciting to see DBG potentially get more resources. Hopefully a good chunk is thrown our way.

Something is going right if you're preparing for your 20th anniversary. Improve it even more!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Quatr Augur

There was a mobile-compatible EQ-based game a few years ago. Some enterprising third party developer grabbed certain EQ assets as they existed in 1999 (ghouls, zombies, orcs, spell effects, backgrounds and so on) and created an action/RPG game around them. It was actually quite a bit of fun when it was in beta. Eventually he had to replace EQ assets with homegrown ones and I lost track of the game.
  7. Verily Tjark Augur

Anzo... you're the worst. Gems doesn't even compare to Candy Crush.
  8. eqzekisdead Augur

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  9. Gnomereaper Augur

Cross over games would be fun if we could play as Firiona Vie in Super Smash Brothers or Soul Calibur.

I want an Eternal Magenkyo Sharingan as reward though for mobile!
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

For a minute there I thought I saw Candy Land. I like the crossover idea. Lots of possibilities there. Gandalf taking on Nagafen for one.
  11. Gnomereaper Augur

Naruto or Power Rangers, I want to watch ROI take down the Megazord.
  12. Nennius Curmudgeon

Oooo Another thought. An A-Team illusion on a group that takes everyone hostage in PoK unless BA gets his jewelry back.
  13. Whim Augur

Honestly, if they can pull of an EQ on mobile that is fleshed out and deep. There is really a hole in the market for mobile MMOs that aren’t just skimmed off the top of WoW.

I think this could be huge. My fear is the eSports focus. If that’s just for H1Z1 and a mobile EQ would be their bread and butter, I’d feel better, but I’m not sure what about EQ there is that could translate to an eSports Arena.
  14. Thunderkiks Augur

Hmm, PvP??
  15. Whim Augur

I was thinking content races, but EQ itself doesn’t translate in its current iteration towards more then it’s current endeared crowd. As far as really knowing what is going on when you’re watching someone else play. Sort of like Hearthstone VS Magic. That being said, perhaps they will target that broader eSports genre with H1Z1, and give those of us that would pay for a deep, living, breathing EQ on mobile what we would enjoy as well. :)
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  16. Thunderkiks Augur

I hope for that as well.
  17. northstar Augur

considering the numbers would this bring people to already existing servers or would mobile have there own servers. That being said I see pros/cons to both. lots of people on live servers but the possibility for a fresh Reroll of Classic and adopted expansions tuned to mobile play would be nice. after all I don't see that it would be possible for Boxing 2+ accounts.. everyone would be on a fresh start.

one thing I would like to know though is I hope the closed Alpha and Beta testing is solely done with people who play EQ now or have in the past kind of like a lottery system. would be pretty excited to get an email from daybreak to be chosen for either closed alpha or beta testing the mobile version.
  18. Kingfisher New Member

19. Yimin Augur

Anything that promotes EQ is good by me :)

YiMin
    Gyurika Godofwar and Thunderkiks like this.
  20. Garcielle Journeyman