EQ Mobile???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evertrek, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Evertrek Augur

new EQ mobile??? why??? unreal!

bet it's going to be an EQ battle royal.
  2. IblisTheMage Augur

I bet it will attract players to the main titles.

It creates a narratve of an active brand.

Would be nice if the game is good also, but I don’t care about that, as long as it is popular... ;-)

Can be relaunched every year, following the lore of the new expansions.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Evertrek Augur

lol. H1Z1 just survive got shutdown, kids only want the pvp part of games. EQ Battle royal would be just pvp... Fortnite Battle Royal did not help Save The World pve/coop part.

what does "create a narrative of an active brand mean"??? even you don't care about this mobile version (FYI i doubt EQ will be ported to mobile).
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Posting the source of your information would be helpful so people don't have to spend time googling it.
  5. Verily Tjark Augur

Just give me an EQ version of Candy Crush
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Derd Augur

See the post on New investor on these boards. And not Every mobile game is battle royale. It may be the flavor of the month but EQ probly will not compete with the h1Z1 brand would be my guess. Something eq related but not a port of eq.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I saw that thread after I read and responded to this thread and now I am wondering why a new one was started in the first place.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

EQ township!!!

Build your own EQ town with farms and castles.......
    Gyurika Godofwar and Quatr like this.
  9. Cindane Journeyman

I've tried to turn many people onto playing EQ who flat-out won't because they can't play it on a phone or iPad - millennial thru GenX types! Anything EQ-mobile, like checking trader or simple starter zones even. Yin is right - "build your own EQ town!"
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Why mobile? For the same reason that Willie Sutton robbed banks:
  11. Captain Video Augur

Jagex is launching a pair of mobile clients (Android, iOS) for Old School Runescape next month, they're advertised as being fully cross-platform on Runescape servers, including letting you play your same toons on both desktop and mobile. If DBG managed to pull that off for EQ, it would be dramatic industry news.
  12. ForumBoss Augur

It would be cool if we could earn trinkets or aas for your main characters, or manage traders. But I'm guessing it will be more like a farmville type thing that's totally separate.
  13. AnzoRagespirit Augur

/Gems
  14. Roxxlyy Augur

Unfortunately, we have no additional information to share about the potential EverQuest mobile game at this time - all current information is available in yesterday's press release.
  15. IblisTheMage Augur

That the IP is being used to create new products. Like Lego Starwars, prepping the brains of the kids for lightsabers and jedis and wookies...

The name alone will give a new mobile app global mentions in gaming media worldwide, and if they can co-launch something that sounds like an EQ makeover (next expansion), then it can sound like things are happening...
  16. Gnomereaper Augur

What next, an expansion called Township Rebellion ?
  17. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Although we are overdue to hear about the next expansion, it should be at the point where it will launch in a few months. It is far too late to make major changes to it.

The 2019 expansion, however...
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  18. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Bring back LoN and put it on mobile!!! I have always been so frustrated with the wow people having hearthstone on mobile.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Brohg like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

or 20th Anniversary...
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

Or they have had this in the works for many months, and is executing/releasing these news as part of a hype buildup/communication plan... theese deals could take a lot of time...