EQ lagging on tablet

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bimla, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Bimla New Member

I Installed EQ on a samsung slate 7 pc with the following spec:

windows 10 pro 64 bit
    Processor: i5
    Ram: 4GB
    Intel HD Graphics 3000

I Thought this would be good enough specs for EQ but when running the game and facing an area where there are many npc the game laggs with a slowmotion feeling. I turned off all the effects I could find including luclin models and turn down the fps. But without any notable effect.
    Could this be a driver issue or is the Intel 300 simply not good enough to handle EQ?
  2. Machentoo Augur

stickfigures=1 in your eqclient.ini

Otherwise, get a real computer.
  3. Bimla New Member

Haha that was funny :)
    But I'm afraid it didn't solve my problems.
  4. Febb Augur

Turn down actor clip plane in advanced video options and your clip plane as well. I doubt that will be enough to make the game run decently however. Tablets just don't have the processing power yet to handle a game like EQ.
  5. Semah Augur

I actually use stickfigures=1 on my old laptop. Keeps it from getting hot when a lot of players are around.
  6. Eqplayer1999 Elder

turn off your logs, also can turn PC names off, turn clip planes down , these should help reduce that lag
  7. Xanathol Augur

I raid on a Surface 3 (that way can be in the living room with the family and still play). The key I have found is to turn down spell effects - not so much you cannot see the stupid aura things (that should have their own sliders...) but enough so you don't lag. I still have some issues when facing the raid but for the most part, all is good.
  8. Asphixia New Member

I run EQ on my surface pro tablet and it runs perfectly - dont even have to turn down clip plane or anything.
  9. Captain Video Augur

All of the above suggestions are good, stickfigures=1 should actually help a lot. Plus: Are you running full-screen? Consider trying to play in windowed mode at a slightly lower-than-native resolution, e.g. 1280x720. If the framerate improves a little, you may have to drop down to lower resolution than that to make it playable. The culprit is the HD3000 GPU, which was never intended to run Windows 10, much less large gaming apps. Any Windows tablet with HD4000 or newer will be a big improvement even on default settings.
  10. Illusory Augur

Intel Mobile chips with the HD 3000 controller will be spotty with EQ.
    Finchy likes this.
  11. Bimla New Member

Think it would be better if i downgrade to win 7? I have done all things sugested in this thread but I dont see much differece to be honest and thats whats pondering me...
  12. Bimla New Member

Mind sharing the specs on it?
  13. Asphixia New Member

Windows 10 Pro
    i5-6300U (2.4GHz)
    4GB RAM
    Intel HD Graphics 520
  14. Noice New Member

15. Bimla New Member

I installed EQ on a laptop with
    Windows 10 pro
    i3
    4GB Ram
    Intel HD Graphics
    and the game ran flawless. The HD 3000 will not cut it and I will look for seomthing else to use as box.
    Thanks for input guys :)
    Machentoo likes this.
  16. Bimla New Member

Reinstalling windows and EQ solved the problem I had, EQ now run flawless!