EQ is now a pay to win game !

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Cokkie, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Elyssanda Bardbrain

It's always been pay to get the best out of the game. Want any of the following? Pay for it:
    • Access to 1000's of Alternate Advancement Abilities
    • Additional 6 character slots ($60 Value)
    • Full Access to all spell ranks
    • Maximum amount of Loyalty Rewards
    • Full access to Mercenary Tiers
    • Full access to in-game broker
    • All housing and guilds halls allowed
    • Access to Progression Servers
    • Unlimited Chat channel access
    • Full Guild Functionality
    • Preferred Status with Customer Service
    • Increased cap of active Overseer Quests
    • Prestige Armor/Raid armor
    Have a hard time finding groups to get XP, get the XP bonus.
    I group every night nearly so that one has no ROI for me. I usually have Ely Max AA by February at the latest, and that's after getting max XP first.

And while poor Bobb (healer merc, little gold robot guy) isn't Max AA, since he is a healer at least all of my healing AA are done. Jockstrapp my tank, his are maxed as well. Walnut (brownie rogue) nah.. she's not completed but she only gets to play rarely. Batchitcrazy (nuker merc) yeah .. those are the least done merc aa, because he's broke no joke. I just don't NEED those merc AA perks..
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

All of those are covered by a standard subscription, that cost the same for everyone.

I always viewed the F2P option as a trial version, that was largely aimed at low-levels and newbies on live. I don't know anyone who doesn't have at least 1 normal subscription, unless they are newbies who wants to "try before they buy". A few hardcore multiboxers might get away with having a single char on F2P, while the rest of the box-crew carries the group.

I think that these new perks will have a larger pay2win impact on the endgame, than the F2P option ever did.
  3. Randomized Augur

You just hit the wall faster. It doesn’t mean I’m unable to get to that point. It doesn’t make you stronger. I can get to the same point, just 10% slower which isn’t really anything. We both top out at the same power level (if you will).

Now if the perk were to be 5% increased stats. That’s something I cannot make up and this that affects player power to me. In order for the perk to be ground breaking, it has to offer something I cannot obtain myself. 10% increase in currency does not stop me from gaining currency, and thus does not stop me from gaining the same power you do.

To each their own though :) I do enjoy seeing others view points
    Elyssanda likes this.
  4. Qelil Augur

These perks are not going to impact any of your stated goals here in any meaningful way over the course of a year raiding. There is absolutely no way at all that these are anything even approaching make or break vs personal goals or raiding goals over the course of an entire year.

I get it. I've said so earlier. The fact that they put them in is enough to make most players want them simply because better is better. It isn't any more complicated than that. No justifications of any kind are necessary to make an argument that 5% more xp beats not getting it, etc. The thing is, no justification I have read aside of added slots people find convenient makes any of this a big deal. It just isn't.

Do I like it? No. Am I defending it? Absolutely not. Does it ruin EverQuest for me? Am I getting some major screwing here? Nope. A little irritation at management's greed is about as far as it goes for me personally.
    MasterMagnus likes this.