EQ is infested with cheaters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Chandra, Apr 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwish Augur

I'm positive this is rampant in many of the top end raiding guilds in EQ, at least any that are beating all the current content. I don't think changing guilds is going to do much. When absolutely nothing is enforced by DB, the temptation is just too great to try to get an edge on everyone else with the use of various programs or AFK bot groups.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

There's no edge needed. Modern content is not hard. That's why we had massive flag requirements on raids. The content isn't hard, they just had to slow us down.
  3. Aghinem Augur

Talk about a bad suggestion... o_O
  4. Aghinem Augur

Change servers, and find a good guild to join up with. If you come by FV, look us up.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. dwish Augur

I think you misunderstood me. I'm not saying they want an edge because the content is hard, they want an edge so they can get a leg up on the parse. Obviously, for melee time on mob is critical, and assist programs can improve this quite a bit: Thus, in my guild some of the top melee DPS use it and I'm betting this kind of stuff is used quite a bit across all guilds. It's getting worse and worse since there has been zero enforcement for some time, which is why the AFK bot groups are all over the place now, and aren't even afraid to do their thing right out in the open anymore.
  6. Bigstomp Augur

I dont' know your guild, but the other option is your guild is full of cheaters (which you seem to believe).
    Which is why I said why would you continue to associate with these people if you feel they're cheating?

I'd personally move on. I care enough about my account I wouldnt' dream of intentionally associating with cheaters. (I may not notice, some are very sneaky) but I'd be outta there.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Woredan New Member

ABC = 3rd party software that shall not be named

I have been playing this game since July 1999 with toons on every server.
    I started my EQ life on Xegony in the guild Havenlight and I doubt seriously anyone other than Corwyhn knows that name.
    I have never posted on this board until now.
    Since ABC came out a bit over 15 years ago, I have listened to the moaning and groaning, the calls of cheater!
    The arguments over camps, etc.etc.etc.
    Have YOU ever used an Exploit? If you have you are a cheater. Have you ever used an illusion to go through a locked door?
    Did you use the bug in Loping Plains to power level your twink on?
    Then YOU are a cheater.
    I doubt that there is a SINGLE person in this game who has NOT cheated in some way, no matter how trivial it may be.
    If you claim you have not, more power to you. May the force be with you and all that.

So why do people use ABC?
    There are users who like to use features to make things a bit easier.
    Instead of pressing a key over and over for a spell set, they use a Macro to weave their spell set.
    So what? Why should you care?
    EQ should have a method of repeating a command without the limitations of the so called Hot Key.
    BUT the biggest reason ABC is used is MONEY.
    You buy a Krono? You are supporting a ABC'er.
    You buy an EoK rare? You are supporting an ABC'er.
    You buy a 105 toon with 20k AA and max skills that has been played 33 days? YOU are supporting an ABC'er.
    You buy Plat? You are supporting an ABC'er.
    You buy a powerlevel service? YOU are supporting an ABC'er.
    Stop buying and you stop MOST ABC'ers.

But you see, you who purchase these things are not only cheating as well, but you are supporting those who provide the items.
    You are the drug users, they are the dealers.
    Metanis likes this.
  8. Woredan New Member

Present today are.
    AB CFO
    CD VP CS
    EF Lead Developer (LD)
    AB
    "We are here to discuss the complaints about boxers using 3rd party programs. Any comments?"
    LD
    Well we all know we can put an end to it almost immediately, I mean, it's not like
    it hasn't been going for what? 13, 14 years when they came out with them?
    CD
    Sure. We have the technology.
    AB
    Well, lets think about this for a minute.
    ..................Ok, that's long enough.
    We'd loose money. A lot of money.
    Our membership is down.
    If it was not for those guys at ABC, etc. people who are playing
    would loose interest faster than they are.
    We give them an 85 toon now if they want it, but it's the 105, near max AA,
    toons they want. And it's obvious folks are buying them. I troll the sites, and
    so do you guys, you know what's going on.
    No, the best thing we did is limit the 105 toons unless they have all access.
    So we make our money there.
    LD
    I am told those programs make EQ fun again. Let's just say I know someone
    who know's someone, who uses a couple of them to box his crew.
    He says he automates all but one, and thats the one he plays mannually. Keeping him
    from having to look for a group, which grows harder each day.
    AB
    So like anything else some abuse it?
    LD
    Yes. The Afk'ers
    CD
    How do these complainers know they are AFK?
    LD
    They get ignored so they automatically think they botters are AFK.
    AB
    But we still make money and these folks complaining?
    LD
    Are like snowflakes in the sun.
    AB
    So we will continue then. A slap on the wrist here and there, and keep the money coming in.
    LD
    Sounds good to me.
    CD
    But what about..???
    AB
    Let Woebot handle it.
    Cakekizy likes this.
  9. Drcmez New Member

OMG! Woredan? Is that really you. Send me a sign!
    I am laughing my off.
    As usual you brought this topic to a close faster than a moderator could lock it. :D
  10. Nightops Augur

I play on luclin too...

The Sarith thing has been going on for a long long time. Last summer I noticed it when they changed the daily tasks to Sarith. There was 3 afk PLing toons sitting at the insta-respawn NPC on the bridge and letting their mercs kill. Surprisingly, one of the toons he used a few days was a respectable wizard in a high end guild. That same person was there for nearly 2 weeks straight when I was in and out to do the daily with my heroic and alt toons. I took the time to petition all 3 characters each day on all the toons I brought into the zone. It goes without saying, that player is still active within the game the last time I checked and to my knowledge, none of the accounts received a punishment.

I also share your frustration with the collection vendor. It bugs the hell outta me when I spend an hour + with a bard running around an open zone looking for collection items and can not find a full set. But I can check the bazaar and one guy is selling 30+ of each (@ 50k per) after just 2-3 weeks from the expansion release. The easy way out would be for me to just buy the ones im missing and think this person is helping the whole server... but like someone pointed out earlier... if I buy from the vendor of a person cheating, then I'm supporting the cheater instead of Daybreak resolving the issue.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im convinced that the majority of people playing EQ has never cheated, its probably at most 10% of the playerbase that cheats, this is just a guess though.
    I do see a few people on the forums claiming that everybody cheats, I wonder why...

The reason it is so easy finding cheaters in this game, is not because there are many of them, it is because they are not trying to hide that they cheat...
  12. Bastige New Member

Seriously DBG, the a**holes in Sarith on Luclin have been sitting in the same spot AFK 24/7 for WEEKS. Nothing moves or attacks except mercs. Always the same guild (initials T.R. ring a bell?). Yes you have the technology, yes it's against the published rules, no you do nothing about it. From now on, I will train the hell out of them and I encourage everyone else to do the same. Maybe if DBG refuses to enforce its own rules, the community of loyal players can.
  13. Laronk Augur

If you play a cleric in a high end raiding guild there's one thing you'll see where you can tell someone is using the magic helper program. People Instantly accepting rezes faster than its possible to click thru the stuff.
  14. Woredan New Member

So tell me, how are you going to see what a high end raiding guild is doing if you are not in the raid instance?:D
  15. Woredan New Member

And are you in a "high end" raiding guild. I assume by "high end" that you are referring to the top 5 guilds who beat EoK before the end of say January?
    Have you been on an EoK raid?
    Do you have any first hand knowledge of the EoK raid scripts?
    Do you have any first hand knowledge of how using m****o's work? Or what they do?
    Since it is your allegation that is the only way the top 5 beat the current content is they use "various programs."
    Tell me how can you tell if someone instantly accepts a rezz? You have someway to see ,for example how fast I click Yes? When the rezz box pops? Cause I sure am waiting for it so I can get back to GH and take the banner if the battle is still on.
    Allegations without proof are nothing but speculation.

Let me tell you how the top 5 guild I am in beat EoK.
    It began with logging into Beta as a guild on the first day. Every Raider in the guild.
    It began with working the zones, working the progression, seeing how things were.
    It began with the first T1 raids, starting with Gore, loosing, then winning, then loosing again, moving into Droga, and finally going all the way through until the end of Beta.
    Then starting the first day live. As the entire guild began to work through progression to get the achievement Essence of the Dragon 1 while raiding T1 and T2. Winning some, loosing some, until it became loosing very few. Setting a deadline for Raider's to get Essence of Dragon 1, and watching every single Raider including recruits meet that goal, with no one or moaning about it, but putting the hours in necessary to do so.

That is how the TOP guilds beat EoK..
    And know this, the Top guilds would be foolish to use outside assistance because you can bet your , on day one of a expansion when the starting gun is fired and the race is on to see which of the Top guilds will be the first to win, that GM's are watching. And watching close. Especially since there are so many haters.
  16. disgruntled Augur

How do you know they 'warped' through geometry unless you were using an illegal program to watch them? A more reasonable person would say, "I didn't see them move." That is completely possible. People run up to me and past me without me seeing them. It's not my monitor's refresh speed or my bad vision. It's 6 second server refresh. You'll be a lot happier person if you stop thinking people have something you don't have.
  17. disgruntled Augur

Not to worry. There's 7 million things to do in EQ and only 5 contested named camps. :-D
  18. Laynie Journeyman

This guy is still hanging out in ToV on Tunare sitting on Vulak's spawn point AFK and steals every kill. I know he's AFK because there have been times where, even after the kill, he remains AFK and the corpse eventually opens up for anyone to loot. It's been going on for months now. Reporting seems to do nothing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.