EQ for Mac???

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Panikker, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Panikker Elder

Is there a Mac version of EQ?? I have this extra macbook pro and want to see if it run well on it .
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

There was long ago, but not any more.

I tried wineskin, unsuccessfully.

Don't boot windows in Parallels. They seem to ban people running EQ in a virtual machine.

I boot camp windows on my macbook. I just made a 40gb partition (go a bit bigger) and installed windows and EQ there (Team speak, gina, etc). I am using windows unactivated, and it works fine, just a watermark in the bottom corner.

I didn't have room for Beta, so I installed it on a thumb drive and it worked fine. I booted from a bootable windows thumb drive and that ran super slow (before I settled on boot camping), so you have to boot camp, can't boot from USB, unless maybe you have Thunderbolt 3.

I tried an eGPU, but couldn't get it to work with windows after a lot of effort. It's a shame because I trialed WoW and went from 8 FPS to 60fps with the eGPU.

Mid 2015 Macbook pro 2.2ghz, 16gb ddr3, SSD.
  3. Panikker Elder

ok thanks. I scratched the mac idea . Going to see if i can get an old laptop with a gpu so at least does not take long to zone lol ..