eq/eq2 thoughts...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Questoften32, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Questoften32 Augur

Skip-able post intro:
    I was screwing around with eq2 yesterday because the isle of refuge is back, I was delighted... except for the skeleton on the dock because I disagree with the Ironic statement that joke makes, more so because of the hair and its 80's rock connection.

Otherwise would not have given a flip, f all about mr bones there...as a sierra online fan of old, fond of Easter eggs I be.

Still I am completing the zone, only problem is eq2 live feels hollow now, with the xp vials and other stuff, it feels like you unlocked debug mode on a pc rpg game.

Still I like the way eq is going, its showing good consideration for the things that matter, both in eq and eq2 less so.

I guess eq2 is for one thing and eq is for another, maybe that is the best way to handle it.

Still you have progression there too, so I doubt there is any reason for anyone to complain, you can play how you like.
    Main post:
    ...............................................................................................................................................
    I had an idea for hybrid progression servers. Say on eq locked and starting at level cap 85, and eq2 locked at sentinels fate but with age of discovery stuff.

You know...For the people that don't want to shoot fish in a barrel...but also don't want to torture themselves ether, with people still trying to solo progression servers and not acting the same as before about groups and game play?

What do you say, friends?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

Yea i wasnt a big fan of eq2 either.
  3. Geroblue Augur

I am playing EQ2 now as its part of this account's all access. Only thing I dislike is you have to use the portals to get around. I haven't found a central meeting area, like POK and Guild Lobby. No one central tutorial.

In EQ Greater Feydark, I can see where i am going, game night or day. In EQ2, hard to see at game night. Makes it boring for me.Yes, I use the map.But its just not the same. I'll keep playing EQ2 though, while I have this account active.