EQ Crash corrupted UI files

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by chocster, May 5, 2019.

1. chocster Lorekeeper

I have followed deletion instructions, delete various .INI files, deleted Character file, I even deleted and reinstalled complete EQ game.
    Here is what happens.
    1. After I deleted all appropriate .INI files and character/UI files, as per everquest website: https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001881808-Delete-and-Regenerate-General-Files-for-EverQuest I am able to log into everquest properly. All UIs are now set to default and completely blank
    2. After I log out, then attempt to relog into Everquest it crashes to desktop.
    3. If I go in and delete all .INI files and all UI files, I can relog back into evequest normally, and this cycle repeats itself every time
    4. Now,,,I cannot even log in on character
    5. This does not happen on an alternate account, I am able to log in fully on another alternate account, just my main account.

6. I have all hits, spell damage, damage shield information filtered to chat window 3, if chat window 3 is minimized, and then I attempt to open it, EQ will crash everytime.
    In other words, in order for me to log in and play the game, I have to completely delete all .INI files and Character files...every time I want to play a single session of Everquest
    This needs to be addressed to billing as well, I cannot play the game and am being charged.
    This has been going on since April
  2. chocster Lorekeeper

1. This also has been experienced by others in my guild.
    2. This began when extreme lag in GMM zones were released
    3. This also seems to have originated when the new and useless chat window mod was released.
  3. Bamien New Member

Does this only happen with the default UI or has anyone found it affects custom UI's too?
  4. Newbasaurus Journeyman

Have you tried using the UI ini file from the toon(account) that works with the toon(account) that doesn't work?

the straight toonname_servername.ini is a bit of a problem because it has macros and stuff and your two toons in question might not be the same class nor have same clickies etc...., but maybe just using the UI file will help? Worth a shot.