EQ Community Dungeon Crawls

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AlmarsGuides, Nov 23, 2015.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

One of the main things I think most of us enjoy/have enjoyed about EQ is dungeon crawling through our favorite places and overall just exploring the game. One of the biggest disappointments in early EQ for me was no one ever wanting to take the time to just sit down and explore something. It was very disheartening when I always wanted to know what was just around that corner but never was able to see it/explore it because I could never find a group of like minded individuals.

When I started my guild on Lockjaw the idea behind it was to show people that normally wouldn't have the time or would be unable to raid, raids. However this became more and more difficult as lockjaw progressed and now I probably won't start doing public raids until Velious.

That however spawned a different idea. As I got into Kunark I saw some zones that I never saw before. I ventured into Old Seb and went to Trakanon's room, a place I have never been before. I ventured through all of Howling Stones, I remember as a kid always falling through some hole in the floor, but now I have seen it all. And then you have Chardok. I still haven't seen all of it yet as my carelessness wiped me by the Overking.

Childish, foolish or down right silly - these are memories I will have forever and I will remember each of them fondly. You can really tell the passion and love that went into Everquest in its early years.

Since it is so difficult to get a group together for anything other than a named camp or anything that is going to drop loot I decided to throw together this post.

I'd like to see the amount of people interested in doing a Dungeon Crawl with me. Depending on how many are down/interested will determine how many I will bring to fill in the gaps. I'd like to only play 1 character on the dungeon crawls as that will make it the most authentic experience possible, however if there are issues with attendance I will make up for the lack of bodies.

Any levels would be welcome, any classes, any players from any guild.

Depending on the demand displayed in this thread/the willingness to do this will determine if I set a date in the future or we just go in willy nilly at some point when the few whom are actually interested are online.

Please post here any zones you'd like to see or if you would at all personally be interested in this idea.

I look forward to hearing from you all!
    Dandy and Pinto_Bean like this.
  2. Sennik Jevest Elder

I wonder if you will play the new server next month. This is exactly the reason I want to play a brand new tlp server. To experience every nook and cranny of the game. Also I pretty much need to have raids as instances being as my job and family takes up most of my time. I will be playing majority of weekends and holidays.
  3. AlmarsGuides Augur

I will consider it when the initial drama settles down. So many people plan to box on this new no box server it's going to be a drama nightmare because people are going to realize the EQ they want doesn't exist anymore outside of P99.

When I can gear out via the bazaar and twink it up I will probably play there =)
  4. Gesiah Elder

I'd be interested in going with ya Almar. I've seen just about everywhere in game (except VP) but I love dungeon crawls :) I can play a 48(ish) Bard named Gesiah, 48 (ish) Mage Ellysienne, 40 (ish) Cleric Ethel. My main is a bard though, the rest are just boxes. My play schedule is flexible and I could probably talk my husband who plays a warrior into coming with.
  5. ethyre Augur

I would love to do this but am waiting for the nobot TLP.
  6. Pseudofate Augur

FFS. Everyone, stop saying it's no-box. It not going to be no-box. It s going to TRY to be no-bot/3rd party.
  7. Tinytinker Augur

I wiped real hard on King once doing my epic. Brings back memories.
  8. Nolrog Augur

I would love to join in, but my toons are pretty low level, and due to some serious medical issues, my playtime is severely limited. Perhaps in the future.
  9. AlmarsGuides Augur

Tell them to stop advertising it as that then!

In the future if it is something you are extremely interested in send me a tell ingame on Holtburg, I may not mind doing personal tours depending on how busy my schedule is/how many people end up being interested over all.

Would you mind messaging me ingame on Holtburg? I am going to try to put together a list of interested parties and once that list is complete I will try and organize a time/date that suits everyone
  10. Steampunk Augur

Unfortunately, it doesn't exist there, either. In fact, for the most part, it only actually existed in their hearts and imaginations.

11. Gesiah Elder

I got really busy over Thanksgiving break. I just saw this now. I'll mark this to remember to message you next time I get some adequate playtime!
  12. Dandy Augur

In my early years of EQ I wasn't much interested in reaching level cap or raiding.

At one point I had three people who would take me exploring. One was an ex raider and very knowledgable. He'd tell us of places in far off lands like the Aviak village. Which we travelled to just to jump off of it for laughs. Long canoe rides, weddings, all kinds of randomness.

I look back on those noob days fondly. There was a charm to the vast world of Norrath that was eventually lost on me.

Gathering footage for videos brought me to plenty of places I'd never seen as well. I wonder how much I've still yet to see.
    Di_Miyos, AlmarsGuides and Agrippa like this.
  13. Hobbit Journeyman

Let's dungeon crawl into HS, kill drusella and get an urn without having to pay a crap ton of kronos.. yeah? ;)
  14. AlmarsGuides Augur

[IMG]

If I wasn't farming her, whose the only guild you think who would be?
  15. Hobbit Journeyman

No.. nah.. couldn't be.. FI??

[IMG]

I don't care actually i just wanted to see you post a gif lol
  16. AlmarsGuides Augur

The internet needs more Psych gifs. I can't find as many as I would like and they had so many silly antics on that show
  17. Azazael New Member

Hello Almar,

First off thank you for your wonderful guides. They have helped myself and many others throughout our journey through Norrath.

I would like you to reconsider moving over to Phinny. Phinny will need more players like yourself to make the server community feel like old times. If you play the new server i will gladly join your endeavors to venture through all dungeons. If you plan to play on Phinny lets try and make a static group or groups to journey through early dungeons together.

Thanks again for being an all round good guy,
    AZ
  18. AlmarsGuides Augur

If you've seen my other posts on these forums you'd find I was generally anything but the swell guy you picture me as. I find it easiest to help from a distance, such as writing guides rather than help one on one as my ability to communicate with people can be somewhat... lacking to say the least.

Phinny as I have said time and time again I feel will be a cesspool of people. I feel as if it will have the most toxic community EQ has ever seen which is the second reason I don't really want to play there. The first and foremost reason is it takes away my ability to box, or should I say severely puts a damper on it.

I'd only play on phinny for kronos to pay for my box team which I would primarily play on Lockjaw. Sadly, I would get next to no enjoyment playing on the server.