EQ Census... question for the devs!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by xmPradah, Jun 18, 2019.

1. xmPradah Not a dude

Was thinking about this... with it being EQs 20th anniversary year, how about sharing some population information?

I'd like to know how many characters, above level 10 (to rule out "most" mules) have been created since EQ launched in March 2000?

If this has been asked or shared previously, please point me to the post!
  2. Aurastrider Augur

They did release some interesting info I believe it can be found on their facebook page. Things like most played classes, most played races, most hours played on one toon, number of dragons in game and other random interesting facts.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

I'd be interested in seeing that if you can recall when and where it was, specifically. Or perhaps provide a link. My searches come up a bit lacking.
  4. Mr. Froo Developer

5. Tuco Augur

Hadn't seen that, that's pretty cool.

4791 square km is pretty massive. I'm sure that dungeons (especially LDON ones) inflate that a bit, but it puts EQ up there between Just Cause and Crew, which are obviously not nearly as feature rich as EQ.

I can't imagine anyone has EQ beat in number of unique NPCs. 400,000 is just unreal.
    Duder likes this.
  6. Brohg Augur

I found the character count stuff in there to be overly plain to the point of being probably deceptive. Creating some arbitrary criteria for a character to count as "real" would obviously open the number to debate, but ANY criteria would be better than simply "existing". Maybe a /played threshold? Maybe a level requirement? Maybe both?