EQ API

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by quakedragon, Apr 5, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

Does EQ provide its API's like for tradeskills, I'm talking about expansions past PoR, not progression/classic expansion tradeskills? I think I might try to develop something if there is API's they have open source.

Also, I don't think there was, but you don't know what you don't know. Is there a timer for nameds on any sites?

Is there something equivalent to World Boss Timer in Guild Wars2? Maybe GW2 just had a lot of open source API so their community can see all this stuff online, wondering if EQ has anything similar. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/World_boss
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

I am no coder but I don't think there is anything like what you are asking for. Most things are done with parsers. There are some things like /outputfile_missing spells which dumps data to a log file which can then be read by your application to pump out the data. An example is Soulbanshee's tradeskill parser which can tell you which combines you need to complete your tradeskill database. However, the database is something that Soulbanshee has put a lot of work into. DBG, to my knowledge, has not provided a list of combines that Soulbanshee is comparing the parse to. I think he is developing his own database, but I could be wrong.

Other parses, such as GINA and GamParse read the /log file and interpret the data.

Spawn times and things of that sort are also not made public to my knowledge. Most information, such as that found on Zam and EQtraders, is compiled by players into those websites databases which are regulated by admins.

Again, could be wrong, but that is what I know.