Epics

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Slash, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Slash New Member

Wife and I are playing a Mage, Necro and Druid with Tank,healer and melee dps we were curious at what lvls would we be able to solo/molo our epics 1.0 1.5 2.0 any one have any idea?
  2. Luft Elder

I managed to molo the magician epic 1.5 at 82 on a mage with just some T1 HoT group gear with relative ease. The only thing that was actually a challenge was the last mob I killed, which was the Fire elemental in Plane of Tactics. I can't speak for the rest.
  3. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

I'd agree with the low 80 estimate below. More or less just try Anguish at 80.. see if you can kill ture and Hanvar if not come back at 85 etc. Or enlist a couple helpers from your guild. If you can do anguish you can do the rest.
  4. Rashka Journeyman

Keep in mind you can't use your mercs when doing anguish, but an 80 estimate sounds good if you have the mage pet tank and druid doing the healing. Best thing to do is just give it a shot, and if it's too difficult, come back in 5 levels or ask general chat to help you out a bit. Rest of the epics shouldn't be too difficult. I would suggest, though, that unless you want the epic 1.0 for bragging rights, skip 'em and just do the 1.5 prequest instead. In fact, if you're going for pure usage at all, the mage epic and druid epic kind of lose their usefulness, but the necro 2.0/2.5 is definitely worth getting.
  5. Cakvala Augur

at 88, I did my 1.0 / 1.5 / 2.0 in about 2 days with just a merc... was really easy for the higher level.
  6. Khoza Augur

I have a shaman/ranger combo I started for fun, and decided to see what I could do for epics. Using a T5A healer merc and T1J tank merc (one account is silver, no journeyman for them) I was able to do 1.0 for both at 60, easy.
    At 65, I did almost everything for 1.5s. Netherbian Swarmfiend for shaman, and Bloodfields fight for ranger, both required help. (The shamans fight in Lake Rathe was REALLY fun at that level, a good challenge, but the healer merc was useless, ran out of mana fast.)
    Similar with 2.0 at 70, did almost everything with just 2 characters and mercs, but there's gonna be at least one fight in most epics you'll want help with, at that level. (Plus Anguish, you'll certainly want help.) Higher levels will, of course, make everything easier.

If your mercs are Journeyman, you'll have a much easier time than if they're Apprentice. I suggest doing epics low enough that they still provide *some* challenge. It's a lot of fun.