Epic Quest Krono Farmers - Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Davo, Aug 12, 2022.

1. mark Augur

most of the people on these forum are krono farmers dont lisen to them get a group of guildies together or wait till a raid spawns a new pick or charm the mob and moved it somwere else to kill it
  2. Lineater Augur

The Spoon inadvertently became the worst bottleneck after Darkpaw made changes to the more infamous bottlenecks. Before that, few people bothered with the quest due to those other 5+ awful bottlenecks (Shissar, Verina, Drozlin, plus the 24 hour ground spawns). I did the enchanter epic in era (before the changes) on Aradune, so I'm intimately aware of how bad it was. Cazel was hardly if ever camped, it was normal to see him roaming around, and I couldn't give away extra spoons back then. Then the changes happened, and the krono farmers figured out they could monopolize the Spoon. You're correct that it's not a Mischief problem, since the Spoon has always been tradable.

Darkpaw overlooked Cazel. It doesn't make sense that his respawn timer is now twice as long as Verina/Drozlin. He should have been reduced along with the other mobs. BTW that mage is fibbing. I tracked five Cazel cycles on Mischief when I was battling the farmers, and each respawn was between 17-19 hours:

18 hrs 41min
    17 hrs 27min
    18hrs 16min
    17 hrs 27min
    17hr 29min

The "2-23 hour window" on Allak is almost certainly incorrect. It's probably more like a 17-20 hour window. I sympathize with your desire to get your epic drops yourself, so thought I'd share my intel. Hope this helps.
  3. Taladir Augur

I appreciate your information. After the server came up on Wednesday, the boxer was nowhere to be found, so I spent 23 hours camping Cazel from 2pm Wednesday to 1pm Thursday and never saw him.

At the 19 hour mark, a Shaman from a well known raid guild showed up and openly told me he would try to KS Cazel and did not care that I pulled an all-nighter to camp it. His enchanter showed up shortly after and stole my charm pet, proceeding to run him across the zone, all the way to the northeast North Ro zone line. At that point, my group was still well positioned to win the DPS race, so I hung in there.

Around 1pm, a Wizard showed up from the well known raid guild so the competition got more fierce. Then the boxer logged in and said he was going to KS both of us, so I'd be better off to pay him 3kr and go farm Krono elsewhere. He said us enchanters are a really dumb bunch for being so stubborn.

He did say Cazel should have popped within 23 hours, but I am now wondering if he has an additional timer when the server comes up after a scheduled patch.

This is easily the worst experience I've had camping an epic drop, and that includes old Marl on multiple servers for the SK epic. The greed and toxicity is off the charts. I really hope the devs consider updating this quest.
    PatCleric likes this.
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I literally have no knowledge about Cazel's respawn timers, but one of the simplest tricks in the farmers toolkit is to try and convince their competition that they should go elsewhere.
    Knifen likes this.
  5. Hythos Augur

It's time again to contemplate the 'why bother playing EQ' question yet again.

At least we're getting the authentic experience of what EQ was when 'live', with large guilds over-running the Shissar spawn, & moving in high DPS classes on high-value mobs (Fghoul, feeti, AM, etc, and of course bergugle + gimblox).
    Knifen likes this.
  6. Lineater Augur

It’s definitely possible since Verina and Drozlin are the same way. Per the patch notes, Verina and Drozlin can take up to 5 hours longer to spawn after a server reset. (9 hour respawn timer, 5-14 hour window after server reset). Other epic mobs like Broken Golem also have bigger initial spawn windows.
  7. Grunty McGruntyface New Member

I played an enchanter on Aradune and never had to deal with this. This is one guy monopolizing a spawn with his mage crew. It is well within Daybreak's capability to resolve - there is no way he is not playing unattended for extended chunks of time.
  8. Quik Augur

I agree 100% they should get rid of unattended gameplay, especially while using bots.

On the flip side, this is just as much the players fault as it is DBG's fault because WE paid this service and continue to pay it. If we weren't paying for it, they wouldn't be wasting time doing it.

If everyone would stop paying for these items or 's or LR's, they would stop camping and farming them. Everyone is in such a hurry to be one of the first that these resellers/botters/whatever are raking it in because so many people are paying them.
  9. Xazier Elder

Your complaint is why I love random loot on Mischief. You don't have to be blocked when you can farm other named mobs of similar level for a chance at the epic piece. Made it more interesting too with not knowing what you would get. That brought back memories of EQ from 99, when there was no allakazams or other resources showing you what mobs dropped.
  10. Dayshadez Apprentice

The guy even has "bot" in his name so its not even like hes trying to hide it. People been blatantly using 3rd party software to lock this stuff down and make money off it. Theres no way this dude is sitting at his computer waiting for this mob to spawn 20 hours a day. Its impossible for a human to do so. At worst they are automating the kills or at best account sharing which are both against the ToS. DBG doesnt care because of the aforementioned krono sales. Im not an enchanter so this particular situation hasnt effected me but Ive got plenty of guildies who werent too happy when they got to this part of the quest. A couple arent even going to do the epic because of it.

The only way to change it is to add an NPC to turn something into that spawns Cazel and locks Cazel's loot table to the enchanter that turned it in for 30 minutes....Something that is unique to the enchanter quest to get and an NPC that spawns on Cazel's normal timer like Naxot Deepwater for Clerics, Faydedar for Druids, VSR for rangers/druids, and the numerous other triggered mobs that pop with a asterisk on their name. This wont effect the timer but it would keep kronolords from locking the spawn down.
  11. wade_watts Augur

Maybe they could just add an epic vending machine for you so that you don't have to work for or compete for anything. Yelinak seems to have attracted the most fragile audience yet.
  12. Xanathol Augur

Not always the case. I recall someone who locked down farms of no drop items on a prior server with their bot crew and deleted the items if they did not sell at their asking price. They were so petty they would rather spend their time griefing everyone than to allow anyone to obtain said item at their determined cost.
  13. Traktur Elder

And the most krono bots.

You making much?
  14. wade_watts Augur

I don't play on yelinak. I did for a bit until it was evident it was doomed. Looks like it's already barely able to hit a 'high' server pop - high less than 5% of the time - oof. RIP. See you next TLP if they can come up w/ a good ruleset - rinse and repeat TLP is getting played out.
  15. Treeconix Elder

I mean you played on it. What does that say about you?
  16. Doze Augur

While I absolutely despise bot army farmers and the fact that DBG does nothing about them even after having been proven as being repeat offenders of disruptive play then a huge guilty party of this problem is being ignored ... namely the people buying from these farmers.
    If people would just stop buying <whatever> from these toxic asocial farmers then they will eventually stop farming <whatever> also.
  17. GodsFavoriteAnt New Member

It wouldn't exactly be hard to identify them. One GM could port to Cazel, Phinny, Pawbuster, etc and take out a legion of them in short order. However, that isn't good for DBGs profits apparently. At least drop the pretense of "Truebox", it isn't fooling anyone.
    Stymie likes this.
  18. Hythos Augur

Here's the fun part...
    We all know where to find dozens, if not 100 of them come Velious.
    Because it's not against any rules to sit AFK in a safe place and use Bind Sight.

May as well stream 24/7 and observe those bots in action.
    squidgod likes this.
  19. Ragnoruk Augur

You're just wasting your time. DBG or DPG or whatever it is now is fully aware what's going on, they just don't give a f.
    Xanathol likes this.
  20. Hythos Augur

But think of how great it would be to stream on the official EQ discord...