Epic Ornamentations

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Berdine, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Talif Augur

Thanks!
  2. Tordail Elder

I just completed the Shaman step of the quest. It was SO damn cool. I don't remember the last time I really had a sense of wonder at this game. Great visual effects, really great job on the lore. I can't wait to have my Spear of Fate again! :) Dzarn, you rock.
    Fenthen, Mellifleur and Rtugok like this.
  3. Kacman Augur

I just completed the bard quest. Awesome! Thank you for finally adding these to the game.

One issue I ran into with the reward. If you already have an ornament in use that is the container type, you cannot use the aug. I have a choice to not use my new ornament or destroy the container to use it.

When will ALL ornaments be converted to type 20 augs so we can swap them instead of having to destroy our container to use the new epic ornament? Hero's Forge armor can be swapped as many times as I want without the loss of the old aug but weapons must be destroyed, this is wrong.
  4. Kegwell Lurker since '99

You did a real nice job on the cleric quest. Thank you, can we have the effects also on the augs?
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. sliggoth New Member

The druid subquest IN JP Forest seems to have some bugs. After chatting with the npc near the unfinished druid rings and getting that update I saw the npcs there all despawn....turns out the next NPC in the quest line (Nolan Greenwood) over at the village along with most of the NPCs in the village despawned as well.

Dont know if this is related to the despawning problem with the new quest npcs in steamfont or not.
  6. Zachton Soulstriker Augur

That would have a different impact on different classes. I doubt it would happen.
    It would have the largest impact on necros of course.
  7. Kolani Augur

This turned into a huge cluster in HoT beta when they were being created originally, I'd imagine no. I think part of the delay on them getting released was the outcry from certain members of the necro community acting like they were entitled to get their effect on it, but demanding no other class got their effect on theirs.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  8. Feradach Augur

Fantastic job Dzarn. I loved the extra bits of lore and learning more about the other classes epics along the way as well. I particularly liked the section of the shaman sequence where Thalger dissed clerics and druids. Well done!
    Cmax likes this.
  9. Warpiggs Augur

Did this quest for my Necro, Cleric, and Enchanter. Great job on these quests Dzarn. They were very fun and alot of cool lore along with them. Now I just need to get my Druids.
  10. Mellifleur Augur

What has 2 thumbs
    ....and thinks us Necros should keep our low hp / low mana epic because we dont need the extra hp / mana / focus other silk classes get because we get FD / Effigy / Harmshields / Whisperwind / A coke and a smile...to help us stay alive even with the lowest mitigation / defense ratio of all classes ?

This guy ...

Necro epic is perfect as is... the balance is fine, we get the extra 8 / 10 % overcrit .. our penatly for that, is handicapped stats...
  11. Lishrac New Member

The berserker epic quest is unbeatable by me at level 81 currently. Self buffed I can't put out enough damage to kill the minions in the last fight before they swarm me. They have a ridiculously high amount of hit points and you end up with no discs ready for the fight with the Spectre who destroys you once he hits 40%.

Has a very epic feel but after dieing to that last part three times I'm not feeling the epicness of it anymore.
  12. Riou EQResource

You try bringing a Merc?
  13. Klotar-TSM Lorekeeper

Any chance that these epic augments can be updated so that the weapon they are inserted into become light sources (just like the epics that they are based upon)?

Might not be possible "code-wise" but asking in case it's something simple. Having a weapon that is also a light source really brightens up the game (yes, I have Faerune on my helm).
  14. Fenthen aka Rath

Haha I don't think so. ;)
  15. Roderick Journeyman

Just did the SK quest last night...terrific, fun quest. Very much looking forward to trying the other 10 classes' quests of which I have epics. Top notch stuff, really. Thank you.
  16. Talif Augur

Just a bump to remind Elidroth about this, since it's still not changed after the most recent patch =)
  17. Bullwyf Journeyman

As of right now, April 2016, this event is still broken in the same exact ways as it was broken YEARS ago. I can personally confirm this with 20+ deaths from Suteng while trying to attempt the Warrior's "An Epic Request". I do believe that, although Suteng's level scales down to match the warrior's level, I truly believe that Suteng's abilities are stuck (broken) and are not scaling down with him. So therefore, at level 85, I was fighting a white con level 100. At level 70, you're fighting a level 100 Suteng that cons "even" but has level 100 abilities/strengths. Does that make sense?
  18. Agrippa Augur

During the paladin subquest in Mistmoore, Divine Stun AA isn't considered a stun.