Epic Bottlenecks and Where to Find Them

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Branntick, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Maze Elder

Rizlona problems.
  2. Machen New Member

Unfortunately the guy who might do these things no longer works for the company. Good luck on getting changes now, when they wouldn't make them then.
  3. LordDragon New Member

It's beyond time for the devs to fix this garbage. Everyone should be able to get their epics in era on a 20 year old game. With only 3 months on an expansion, it's past time to eliminate bottlenecks. No one enjoys sitting at a spawn location for 100 hours clicking non stop so they can be the first one to do a turn in, only to get beat by cheaters with auto clickers. Come on.
    Zaphod likes this.
  4. Rancidwolf New Member

How do the devs look at this and think its ok? Some classes have a hard limit on how many epics they can receive in era while other classes are free to get their epics through picks and other means that allows basically unlimited.
  5. Febb Augur

They aren't going to change much if they do anything. So I wouldn't get worked up over not getting an item in era. It's like putting a piece of meat down in a pit of lions. This is how this game is designed for early content and people are getting upset they won't change the design of the game to suit their needs.

If people would try out the later expansions past PoP, they would know the design of the game gets much better to iron out these bottlenecks.
  6. Rancidwolf New Member

I mean they changed Marl, they just fundamentally don't understand that if there is a bottleneck anywhere in the quest it doesn't really matter that you change Marl because it just means the bottleneck down the line is worse.
  7. Tutankamen Augur

Can you please put Wraith of the Shissar on Harbringer of Fear's list? It's impossible to get him because of farmers. This change is long overdue- Enchanters have like 6 bottleneck camps. Not just for Time-Locked Prog servers but for ALL servers.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

ZAM has Harbginer flagged as a TDS mob, are you suggesting a server on TDS+ has people farming Wraith to block chanter 1.0 still or does this mob spawn earlier on TLPs?
  9. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

People on live keep basically all open world raid content permadead, heck on Xegony even the garbage stuff like Itraer Vius and Va'Dyn were never up when I went to Akheva last year.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. sumnayin Augur

Entitlement doesn't equal reality. Not everyone had their epic in era in 2000, not everyone even had their epic by Luclin. Epics are the one thing that not everyone should have "in era." In fact, I would argue that what makes a game good is the fact that not everyone has the same gear in era of every expansion.