Epic 3.0

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Burdi, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recnarp Augur

Why the hate?
  2. WarSheol Augur

Well some times as technology changes or they find new ways to do old things answers can change to Yes or Maybe :cool:

if they say No there is usualy an answer as to why not, but if they say no to me its more complicated than it sounds, thats all I need to know I really dont want them to totaly geek out into code talk that I dont fully understand and just wastes time telling me, so No means at this time we cant or there is no time right now ect ect :cool: it doesnt always mean never but some times it does lol like with 3.0's
  3. Mykaylla Augur

:p Because EQ2 was very very carefully balanced with four archetypes from the beginning, specific tiers in the six classes in each archetype, and beastlords, being left out at the creation of EQ2, don't fit into that (if they were in the original concept, I wouldn't care one way or another :) ).
    Look at the seesaw that beastlords (and berserkers, but a different seesaw) have been since introduction in EQ1. "Make them awesome so people will want to play them! No wait, that's too powerful- nerf them! Stagnate! Woops, that was a bit far..."

As for the OP... the answer is never. Unless the answer becomes "next expansion." Until then, it's "never." ;)
    Valas_TR likes this.
  4. Xnao Augur

Gosh, adding epic 2.5 must have been loleasy.

Just do the same for 3.0. New aug every year instead of making a bunch of redundant primaries. Problem solved.
  5. Tarrin Augur

You'd then have to adjust all the epic clicks too eh, that have lvl caps?
  6. CaRnon Augur

then again we get back to the point... thats not really epic.
    Valas_TR likes this.
  7. Xnao Augur

2.5 was not epic.

Just remove the caps from the clicks.

You guys are making mountains out of molehills.
  8. Shang Augur

Epic 3.NO
    Valas_TR likes this.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Many clicks are worthless, even without a level restriction, like Wizards,' does that mean mine gets upgraded? :p

Also, the 2.5 is part of the reason they don't want to do them. They don't want to continually upgrade them to keep them relevant. The did it in DoD because people bitched and moaned so hard, and I'm sure they regret it :p
  10. Xnao Augur

What is the difference between continually upgrading and using a spreadsheet to make a new item every year.

Give it some godlike stats and it is relevant for years plus cuts down on itemization.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.