Epic 3.0 Idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hingabe, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Hingabe Augur

This idea would cut down the time needed to develop 3.0s..

One big quest, that all of the classes would share, instead of different ones per class, then the final task in that quest, would split into the class only bit. and its completion would flag you to receive your class epic.

Like:
    everybody, go talk to epic 3.0 NPC, receive instructions, go do whatever it was, kill, collect, what have you, then come back and /say "what test of the (class you're playing)" and have it be something very short, that doesn't take a lot of time developing, but would force you to push your class skills to the limit, to prove how epic 3.0 worthy you are.
  2. Tobynn Augur

Generic instructions, followed by something very short. Doesn't sound very EPIC to me. Sounds more like a task that should reward you with 0.7 AAs.
    Vuncar likes this.
  3. Ankarv Harbinger of Nightmares

I think his idea was to have a single epic quest, with one final "Test" that will be different depending on your class. So instead of making a quest for every class they can focus on one and make it really good with a really good final unique test.

I like it
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That would still take a lot of dev time to develop each step of the quest and the new items to go with it.
  5. Cakeny Augur

By that rationale they should stop making expansions.
  6. CaRnon Augur

expansions bring in money... adding additional free content to the game does not make them instant money like a expansion does...
  7. Cakeny Augur

They could sell access to the quest. I bet a lot of people would buy it.
  8. CaRnon Augur

yeah I am sure a few would pay for it.. just like some paid for the new heros armor.. BUT its not a promissed payday like expansions are. they know they will make back their time/money with a expansion..

Also I dont think you should get your hopes up trying to figure out ways to "pay" for this... I have read way too many posts where they have said there will be no new epic type quests. But /shrug good luck.. maby the 10000th try will be the lucky one.

Heck scroll down a little bit you will see another request for epic 3.0's...
    Epic 3.0 request on the same page as your request a further down..
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

You mean that stating that epic quests take time away from other content is also saying that they should not do expansions?
  10. Tarrin Augur

Selling access to an epic item would be a horrible step.
    Dzarn likes this.
  11. Cakeny Augur

Why?
  12. Summul New Member

The EQ powers that be have said they would not do lots of things. You all could probably come up with a huge list of things they promised and did not deliver on as well as other things they were adamant would never happen but they did anyway. Most of them were garbage that angered the player base as well as made SoE management come off looking inept,incompetent and just straight up full of lies as well as making the devs come off as powerless and or ignorant. Putting on a Suit at SoE obviously lowers the wearer's IQ by 20 points and beams common sense directly off into outer space. Must be the Power Ties choking off blood flow to the brain or something. Still, there was some positive additions too. If there is a profit motive, it will happen ...for better or worse. All they have to do is find a way to make the Suits happy.
  13. Tarrin Augur

I feel the Market Place should only sell "fluff". Bags, house stuff, ornaments, sure. Nothing game breaking that would give you a decided game play advantage over another player not purchasing the item.
    I am not a fan of " pay to win ".
    Candydare and Dzarn like this.
  14. Explicit Augur

I see this a lot, and I'm still looking for the other content that all the devs are always spending so much time on (this is a year-round assumption, every year -- that nothing cool is being made because it'd take time away from other imaginary content that's also not being made)
    . No, I'm not referring to an expansion...but people throw this term around so boldly without any real proof of the supposed content that everyone's been working on since...forums started?
  15. CaRnon Augur

I really hope you get what you want... I also hope that I can fly and have lazer vision.... no make that being able to fly an be invisable when I want... yeah I hope for the 2nd one... but I am like 73% sure I will not be able to do either of my wishes... but who knows.. it could happen....good luck with that!

Sorry for my jaded attitude towards requests for NEW Epics.. just seen way to many of them be ignored or flat out told NO to think anything new is gonna happen. But keep hoping maby some day I will fly into my computer room and uninvis from my trip to the playboy mansion and log onto EQ and see epic 3.0s for sale in the marketplace..
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

How much content would you expect if they had to make an epic and sub quests for all 16 classes?
  17. Explicit Augur

Ah but that's the thing, I -don't- expect content.

I was more pointing out the assumption that we don't have cool quests or new content between expansions is that devs are busy working on something else...yet when the expansion rolls around it has even less content than it's predecessor. However, it is ALL only speculation. From both my point of view and yours
  18. Sinzz Augur

meh i am still suprised they actually can add anything new they havent already done, i mean cmon what havent they touched on ... oh yeah ship to ship combat :) anyways i think they have been pinched last few expacs but really when you look more closely all of the expacs have had hundreds of things folks havent done, why i bet there isnt a person in eq that has completed every single thing a expac has to offer if so id like to know,
  19. CaRnon Augur

Let me interduce you to Xegony.Beimeith some time... that dude lives/breaths/and one time actually injected Everquest.

God I can't count the nights when he was still on the Luclin server that he was draging me around to do random quest or such tha I never heard of and would take me 30minutes to find in the /ach or task list... 8)