Epic 2.0s in the current group game

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Fohpo, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Fohpo Augur

I know bard epic is a must have, but how strong are the ranger and beastlord epics at 115?
  2. Derka Power Ranger

Ranger 2.0 is still useful when you don't have the Hunt killshot buff or other crit mods running. Good filler
  3. Sexy Troll New Member

Very seldom use mine. Like mentioned above, doesnt stack with self procy's or shammy epic and useless while bowing.
  4. Szilent Augur

pardonwhat? no that's wrong
    Falcon Strike absolutely stacks and to great effect with shm Ruchu, and definitely mods archery.
    Its only stacking issue is with Hunt killshot. Any time you don't have Hunt killshot buff, click Falcon
    Thunderkiks and Dewhead like this.
  5. Gavin822 New Member

wut? it most certainly does work with shaman 2.0. god, lazy people can't parse out using their epic vs not using it and taking 2 min to look at their accuracy %

Szilent is 100% right
  6. Szilent Augur

But also, if you were just misinformed? Congrats on a cool new (old) tool :)
  7. Tucoh Augur

I know this is hybrid specific, but for posterity:

8. Boze TLP complaint factory

Beast epic is still extremely useful, not for the proc, but for the accuracy and avoidance. Most recent parses I can find are in an indirectly related thread, this post: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ets-accuracy-weapon-type.245521/#post-3611728

They had misses off, but it added around 1.5k DPS a few years ago. I'm unaware of any parses that test the avoidance part but it's equivalent to a couple ranks of pet fort so it's definitely relevant.

I might go run a parse later, I'm curious.
    Duder likes this.
  9. Fintank Augur

The following data was gathered with buffs on and with high Heroic Dex values that could maybe provide semi-wrong data for say a fully group geared Ranger. Archery parses done with 2445 Heroic Dex, Melee parses done with 2408 Heroic Dex. Values mentioned due to what we are discussing since Heroic Dexterity alters both Critical Chance and Accuracy, the 2 things we are seemingly misinformed about in this post.

Archery Parses 1000s Each
    Base Archery Parse - Crit Rate - 100%, Accuracy - 90.1%
    Falcon Strike Archery Parse - Crit Rate - 100%, Accuracy - 90.1%

I didn't bother running a parse for Auspice since it does the same thing as Falcon Strike does to a larger affect. I'm unsure if had the target been *moving* if the data would be different as Bow parsing is different based on that factor. I have no actual clue what the variables in it are, however the majority of the time the target isn't moving so I find that information to not be really prevalent in my synopsis. The synopsis being that both Falcon Strike, Kill Shot Proc and Auspice do nothing for Archery. As mentioned above this is data FOR ME, group geared players may need to take this with a grain of salt and parse it yourself.

Melee Parses 1000s Each

Base Melee Parse - Crit Rate - 51.7%, Accuracy - 87.4%
    Falcon Strike Melee Parse - Crit Rate - 63%, Accuracy - 88.6%
    Auspice Melee Parse - Crit Rate - 66.8%, Accuracy - 88.4%
    Auspice + Falcon Melee Parse - Crit Rate - 66.8%, Accuracy - 90.2%

So as you can see above, if you are meleeing then Falcon Strike absolutely does a nice bump to your DPS. However, a nice extra tidbit you get to see whether you knew or not is how a lot of the critical chance mods don't *functionally* stack for melee. With that said, if you actually want to capitalize on Falcon Strike, you're going to have to be meleeing and also be weary of the other mods that are better and will overshadow it. Also, Accuracy appears to stack but needs a longer parse to confirm, perhaps?

---> As an aside, do yourself a favor and make sure you're focusing on the main portions of things and what they are meant for. Yes, Ruchu and Falcon Strike have a non-functionally stacking Crit Chance mod on them. However, Falcon is used for Crit Rate and Ruchu is used for Crit Damage. Don't shoot yourself in the foot spacing out everything under the sun.

Somewhat comprehensive crit rate list for Rangers:
    1. Provoked by the Hunt Rank 2 Proc - 358%
    2. Auspice of the Hunter 30 - 225%
    3. Falcon Strike - 170%
    4. Circle of Power 4 - 130%
    5. Circle of Power 3 - 120%
    6. Cry Carnage/Havoc - 100%
    7. Prophet's Gift of the Ruchu - 65%
    8. Outrider's Accuracy 39 - 50%
    9. Hastening of Cekenar - 35%

May have missed something? Purposely left out Circles of Power 1/2 because who has those things nowadays! The only thing that will actively block your Falcon Strike cast is the Provoked line of kill shot procs. Be careful my friends!
    Quatr, kizant and Sancus like this.
  10. Szilent Augur

about what hDex does one need to reach full crits on archery, do you know offhand? I know archery comes with a pretty high crit rate, but I'm curious how developed a character needs to be to reach that functional limit on epic's contribution. Is Levels+Snowbound+Sulstones enough, or does one need a pile of Hero's Resolution and all the dropped type7s, best buffs & such?
  11. Fintank Augur

My TLP ranger (lvl 100) had a base crit rate of 71% at 363 Heroic Dex (6/8 Combat fury)
    My Alt Ranger (lvl 110) had a base crit rate of 83.6% at 1271 Heroic Dex (8/8 Combat Fury)
    Neither of them had Enchanter Haste or any buffs for that matter on their tests. (Roughly 2.53% Crit)

So to answer your question, I don't know! Perhaps if someone knows the conversion rate of Hdex to Crit Chance off the top of their head we could figure it out.

Paging Dr. Sancus!
  12. josh Augur

Heroic dexterity doesn't directly affect crit rate. it increases your regular dexterity, which does affect crit rate. Ancestral aid is actually very good increase to melee crit chance.

I think, I'm not sure if there are any extra factors, but with 230% from combat fury and 280% from group cleave. you would need about 3400 dexterity to have 100% crite rate with no buffs. If you had falcon strike active that would lower it to 2400.
  13. Nniki Augur

niente posted how critical hits work:
  14. Bederper Journeyman

15. josh Augur

I know yall aren't going to be pleased with me saying those two are wrong, but those two are wrong/incomplete.

Sancus's doesn't have the archery difference which is to divide by 3400 instead of 8900. (I'm sure Sancus knows this, it just wasn't relevant to the discussion and it's already complicated enough).

Niente's has mixed up who gets multiplied by 3 and divided by 5. As far as i can tell, ranger's bowing DO have that step, warriors and berserkers meleeing do not. this step is why they have a higher crit chance. The divide by 3400 is why bowing has a higher crit chance.
    Sancus likes this.
  16. Anhur Journeyman

Each epic 2.0 quest for my SK, BRD and BST took less than 1 day per epic on non-TLP server - I cannot imagine the others being different - with that kind of timescale it's silly not to get them.

With some you'll want to time them for optimal performance (SK, SHM, BRD), even then it's really only impactful for raiding at the highest level - for general grouping, add them to your spam rotation for some extra juice.
  17. Chorus Augur

I only use the bard epic when raiding, it's just a hassle to use it in the group game with how our casting works. Pretty sure Rogue epic is on par with the Ranger one though, looks like it wasn't ranked in there.