Epic 2.0 Graphics Revisited

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Explicit, Dec 13, 2013.

1. Explicit Augur

It's been a little over a year since I last posted these (which, unfortunately, was moved to the tank forum for whatever reason). So, here is round two (feel free to delete the other thread).

Seen here on the left, particles only noteworthy from one incredibly odd angle with the weapon in my offhand. Seen on the right, how my 2.0 looks 99% of the time.

[IMG]

Seen here is what the epic "used" to look like on its release before whatever implementation trashed the particles. I have taken every step, tweaked every option, checked/unchecked every box in an effort to get my weapon to look like it once did...unfortunately none of it has worked --- this was a change on EQ's side.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

While I come off as a broken record, I do consider this an issue worth bringing up as it effects more classes than just the warrior (Paladins might actually have it worse). It is nice that the ornamentation quest was finally released as it makes this problem even more apparent.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  2. Explicit Augur

Suggestion: Take whatever you did here for this item, change its color (Polished Verdant Blade, it looks perfect from every angle) and apply it to the epic/epic ornamentations for the afffected classes,
    [IMG]
  3. Ammeren Augur

Wow what a difference, I remember the Warrior and Pally epics being super bright and when they did dim out a bit it's because you were looking at a specific angle and they were still brighter than whats showed in pictures 1.

Hopefully they fix whatever the problem is.
  4. Spinner New Member

It's been an issue since roughly the time-frame that The Buried Sea was released, if I remember correctly. It is indeed an isolated graphic situation, as it doesn't, nor has it ever affected anything other than Epic 2.0 Particle graphics. Multiple classes' epic particles were dimmed/reduced for whatever reason. I don't think it was an error, as much as it was a stealth change in the particle effects themselves. I say this, because whenever they stealth-change something, they don't like to admit doing so. Seeing as there have been no official reply's to this or any other thread/posts regarding this matter, now or in the past, one can only assume that it was done intentionally and they don't feel the need to explain themselves, or it wasn't intentional, and they don't feel it's important enough to fix....probably because fixing it has absolutely nothing to do with EQNext in any way, therefore not worth the time it would take for them to address it.
    Sumonerr_Tunare and Explicit like this.
  5. Explicit Augur

It's a shame that some of the smaller things do get overlooked. I realize this isn't a glaring class-balance issue or an exploit but it is indeed an issue. It's attention to the finer details that keep a lot of us playing, throw us a bone every now and then.

-- Note, I am not saying I will quit playing over this. It is simply something I and many others would like to see fixed before the game dies. I mean, hey, they finally fixed the dark-elf elbow glitch.
  6. Recnarp Augur

I hope a player that submits player studio stuff finds this thread. Maybe they'll be able to fix it on their program, send it to the marketplace, and we can buy the fixed versions.

[IMG]
  7. Caudyr Augur

Except as far as I know, they can't do particle effects on their stuff, anyway. -_-