EoK spell: Holy Alliance

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Valtam, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Valtam Journeyman

Am I correct that this new spell is really aimed at raid use only? I played with it a bit on training dummies, my Mages pet in the arena, and on some yard trash in the new bloodfields, but never see the trigger effect go off. When I parse it, I can see that I just squeeze in 6 successful spells ( Admonish, Ostracize, Consecration, Brilliant Vindication, Crush of Povar, all keybound ) in the 18 sec. Some spells get the "bonus" damage, some don't, but not consistently per spell. I can only see this one working either in a Once in a Lifetime RNG gift in which case it's not worth the spell gem lineup/mana for normal group usage, or in a raid setting where you might have multiple paladins coordinating an attack with it. Am I missing something, or should I just drop it since I don't raid?
  2. sojero One hit wonder

If you do not raid or group with another pally, drop it because it only works if a different paladin than the caster casts the DD's.

Holy Alliance (50064-50066) is a level 104 new Paladin ability. It costs 5184/5391/5607 mana. It has a hate override of 11341/11908/12503. It has a base duration of 18 seconds. It will fade after 6/6/6 activations of the focus effect, and cast Holy Fulmination (50067-50069). It is resisted by magic at -10/-10/-10. It can be found under Utility Detrimental->Spell Focus. It is a debuff that adds 8135/8542/8969 damage to incoming single target damage spells from other Paladins that cost 10 mana or more, are between levels 96 and 110, and deal at least 1000 damage.
  3. Valtam Journeyman

Thank you Sojero, I should have known it based on the name of the spell, but my denseness surprises even me sometimes. I'll save it for when I ever get a box group of 6 Pallies going on an undead hunting spree...
  4. Chaosflux Augur

Doesn't take 6, just 2. I understand that was hyperbole, but just pointing out.