EoK/RoS Progression with 3-Box

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rapidan, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Rapidan Journeyman

No software - 3rd party mentioned or unmentioned
    Warrior 108 (10K AAs)
    Rogue 110 (13K AAs)
    Bard 110 (15k AAs)

Is this going to work? I suspect I will need help with spider cave in Lceanium at the beginning. I used to main the bard, but he's been relegated to a melody box for some time and I'm just an OK puller with it. The warrior is 108.5 and in Conflagrant gear mostly, and I am still a noob with the warrior. More time has been spent on the Rogue and he's in EoK T2, but play has been mostly as a single catching on with groups and with guild members.

I could level an enchanter or Wizard as a 4th character, but that really seems like pushing the boundaries of my alt-tab abilities.

Should I wait on the progression and find ways to level the warrior to 110 first and then another 3k or so AAs? So far everything has been just auto-grant.
  2. Nudia Augur

You should be able to do this, but you'll need to get proficient in either pulling with the bard/rogue or crowd control with the bard.

I'd start the progression now, as it's at least worthwhile experience on your journey.

I did both of these progressions with, essentially, a group geared ranger/enchanter, towing along a newblet warrior that contributed later on.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The key in your group was the Enchanter - it's OP for the content. I did EoK/RoS progression on a four-box without a mezzer. To say I suffered many deaths is an understatement.

With that Bard you should be able to simply plow through the content.
  4. Nudia Augur

True, it was the key to my progression, but I don't think it provided anything I could not have achieved with a different crowd control or a good puller and some careful approach. The drachnid caves are about the only thing I can remember where I'd have had to ask for help otherwise.
  5. Gosan Kai Elder

Sure. You could just jump into EoK/RoS progression, but if you want to save yourself a lot of stress and death I'd suggest getting to know your toons a little better first...

Since you are still a 'noob' with the warrior it would be in your best interest to play the warrior solo for a bit in groups and get the mechanics of the warrior down a first. If you are just OK with pulling on the bard do the same with him. Get to the point where pulling is easy. You can solo pull, dual pull, split on the spot, mez when needed, and offtank split with your pet burns (you have multiple pet burns to help pull and offtank until mobs are debuffed). If you pull with Requiem of Time (max out those focus AAs) it will save a log of damage going to your warrior or to your bard (if for some reason the INC mob catches up to your bard).

Once you have gotten a bit better at playing each toon by themselves, then I would start with TDS or TBM progression and get down the basics (and higher) as a 3-box team.

While you are working on the lower progression make sure you are making HOTKEYS! Hotkeys that perform multiple abilities in one. I'll give you some examples for warriors and bards (keep in mind you should read through ALL for your disciplines and AAs for all 3 classes and make notes until you understand what each one does. Also, the below are just examples. You can modify them to fit your needs and I suggest that you do.):

Note: Always make sure your Battle Leap buff is on. Sneering Grin is enabled. Bold Attacks is enabled. Weapon Stances is enabled.

- Basic Warrior Hotkey Examples -
    I call it 'HATE'. This is to get aggro on your current target.
    Line 1: /doa 4 (4 is my Taunt -- This does the ability that is in that number from your abilities page 'Ctrl + A;)
    Line 2: /alt act 688 (Rage of the Forsaken)
    Line 3: /disc Slander (or the Timer 9 - Insult, Jeer, Mock, Incite - disc that is current at your level)
    Line 4: /alt act 3646 (Blast of Anger)
    Line 5: /disc Cyclone Roar (or your best Timer 8 disc)
    Note: There is a vast array of abilities for warriors to gain and hold aggro. Again, read through all your AAs and disciplines to fine tune your hotkeys.

Spam key - Called 'ROAR'
    Line 1: /alt act 3732 (Gut Punch -- Make sure Gut Punch Strike is Enabled)
    Use to be -- /doa 1 (kick -- this can be auto-skilled now. As well as bash)
    Line 2: /alt act 801 (Knee Strike)
    Line 3: /disc knuckle snap (or best Timer 10 disc -- If you are doing a lot of AE tanking change this to /disc Stromstrike Blades - or your best Timer 10 AE aggro)
    Line 4: /disc Shield Break (Or your best Timer 22 disc)
    Line 5: /alt act 15073 (use to be banestrike. Banestrike is just defaulted into your normal attacks now. You can change this to anything you want. Again, read through your disciplines and AAs. Look for something with a lower recast timer that you want to use all the time.)

- Basic Bard Burn Hotkey Examples -
    Note: Use these when you pull to many and make sure you cycle a fortitude (or furious) followed by flash of anger (or vice versa) on your warrior.
    EPIC
    Line 1: /timer 1800 (3 minute timer to show when both skills are back up)
    Line 2: /stop (stops your current melody to prevent song lock up)
    Line 3: /alt act 3506 (Fierce Eye AA)
    Line 4: /useitem 32 4 (32 is your bottom right bag slot, 4 is the 5th item in the bag starting with 0 in the top left and counting as you read a book).
    Line 5: /g Bard Epic and Fierce Eye on!

QuickBP
    Line 1: /timer 6000
    Line 2: /alt act 3702
    Line 3: /useitem 17
    Line 4: /g Quick Time and BP running! DPS GO!
    Note: You can add a 5th line of your choosing.

Using both of these hotkeys together will make your toons cut through mobs like butter. I'd suggesting popping some rogue disciplines during this as well.
    Rapidan, Conq and Mithra like this.
  6. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Root was my CC, and it frequently got me killed. So I stopped. I went with the slow and methodical approach. The spider caves were actually not bad for me, as I had the DPS so as to not be overwhelmed. But what I gained in DPS I gave up in survivability and chaos avoidance. EoK and RoS progression really need a mezzer to be effective.

I would challenge you to try running progression without a mezzer. Even in RoS gear it's not a cakewalk.
    Rapidan likes this.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

I would say yes, especially if you get help from time to time. Remember healer mercs on different settings (reactive etc), and to block slow heals.
  8. Lubianx Augur

There will be a partisan task and a few missions that you will not be able to do with that make up.

You mentioned spider caves, but you do have a mezzer so it wouldn't be as bad.

The first major roadblock you would face with that make up is in FM with "Sarnak Among Us". You wont have enough DPS to beat the blob without enough knockbacks.

The Chardok mission would be a little difficult but manageable, same with the Droga mission and Lab mission. More DPS for those 3 missions would help.

You also mentioned ROS. If you go through EOK you will get to 110 on the warrior by the time you start doing ROS.

You should be able to do the partisans and merc quests there, with using the bard as a mezzer.

The missions you would not be able to do as they all pretty much have some sort of DPS check which you would not be able to overcome with that make up
  9. ptah Augur

100% yes and that one hella post.. tip the hat to Gosan. GG Dude.

yes I believe you can do it. Study up a lil bit on war.. to learn the hows and whens of discing.. it opens up focus on rogue for focus dps. A few different bard setups.. for corner melody, pulling, support mezzing.. AE is your friend in mezzing.

Spider cave.. you should fine. imo.
    FM blob.. learn knock back via or find a friendly ranger to assist you..
    Chardok and Droga should fine with sos2 or bard dual invis..

Now you have 3 merc to pick from.. and I suggest trying them out on different settings... not all 3 as healer/ either a dps caster or maybe a slacker merc tank helps you CC and focus on dps more often.. Idk I play around with it myself.

And by support mezzing I you pull and disc the war; then mezz of that.. work in rogue thirdly.

just knock them out.. 1 at time.. and its ok to type in general.. im headed to droga for parts tasks.. open to people joining if they like..
    Mithra likes this.
  10. Tucoh Augur

100% absolutely possible. Getting your warrior in conflagrant already is a good start. Keep leveling him up doing what progression you can in RoS/EoK.

Keep in mind that progression in CotF, TDS and TBM will help build up your augs and heroic AAs, while also leveling your characters, getting the AAs and gear. So don't feel like you're wasting your time slumming it in content that's a few years old.

I run a boxed melee group. This thread has more info about it:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...p-critique-welcome.240258/page-6#post-3627584
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Warrior at 108 should be fine with spiders. Just remember, use your discs.
    You'll need to learn when to throw the warrior into fortitude then burn a mob or two down on your rogue to get back to what you can safely handle.
    A lot of it is trial and error and feel.
    Personally I run war+clr, and have been able to do most content (I form groups for missions/hard stuff - keep up your social network and help others out - you'll need help too)