EoK - Ranger AAs

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Tarvas, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

How does Outrider Synergy stack up with all the other AAs available?

More generally, what would be the order grab AAs this expansion?
  2. Thraine Augur

well to be honest, chances are most rangers are using a bow these days on raids, so you gotta bow close to get the synergy to proc. When im grouping 99% of the time im tanking, so it goes off a lot then.

I would say if you tank or melee a lot, its ok. but if you bow more than anything i wouldn't rush to spend those 1000 AAs
  3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I didn't even know bowing was a thing again. Thank you.
  4. Brohg Augur

Being outside 50' range, losing out on Cut Kicks and Squall of Blades dps, should be the exception not the rule. Just because you can be half a zone away doesn't mean you should be.

Synergy adds up to 216k damage (even shm have Throwing skill), each bit of which can crit, to each Kicks activation. 10k dps (before mods) isn't laser eye beams, and the relative value of that 1000 AA is debatable compared to other dps AA, but as a passive addition it's real :)
  5. Thraine Augur

yeah man, we do about 30% more dmg now with a bow than we do with our melee weapons. like Brohg the ranger says, you dont have to be a million miles away .. but when it comes to eating a few AEs/auras or synergy procing .. well i much rather not eat the AEs/auras if i dont have to.

when i start taking AE dmg lots of times i chose to throw myself a heal rather than chance a death, if you just stay back a out of AE/aura range you wont take the AEs, you wont have to heal as much and in turn you'll do more dmg than if your procing synergy and getting pummeled by the AEs. im sure brohg will disagree but what else is new :)
  6. Brohg Augur

Being inside 50' range is also being inside of shm+cle Alliance splash heals, so you don't have to heal yourself~
  7. Raptour_MT Elder

I've capped my AA's already and hands down Synergy and our archery aa's are the best things to get asap. Ride the 50 range line and stay close enough to fire your synergy for the group and yourself, that damage will add up. Now if they would just get rid of the dead zone on archery, it drives me nuts and I feel its a bad mechanic from an outdated era of MMORPG's that needs to disappear.
    Brohg likes this.