EOK raids today, and ROS T1

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Cicelee Augur

There was a big hoopla on beta forums about needing 18 EOK T3 flags in order to do ROS T1 raids. After several weeks in beta, it got changed to where you did not need it, that ROS T1 raids were open to all initially. There was also a lot of discussion as to being able to get more levels and AA would make EOK raids easier for guilds who had been struggling with events such as Queen, Vault and Kor Sha.

So now that the expansion has been out for almost two weeks, and players and guilds have had some opportunities and time to play around in ROS...

1. Guilds that were struggling with EOK Queen, Vault and Atrebe... have you been able to defeat them with the extra levels and AA?

2. Guilds that wanted ROS T1 raids open to them (even though they had not completed EOK T3), have you attempted ROS T1 raids? If so, how successful have you been?

It was a heated topic on the Beta forums, so it might be interesting to see if what both sides of the coin were saying are true or not...
  2. Axxius Augur

According to EGL, none of the guilds that still struggled with EoK before the launch have killed anything in RoS T1. Not even the Cactus. So unless those 'mid-tier' guilds just don't report their progress (or it's not getting updated), all that discussion on Beta was for naught.
    Maedhros likes this.
  3. Rashod Lorekeeper

1. We just beat Queen for the first time this week, have yet to get Vault a try. The levels definitely pushed us over the top on this one.

2. We have not yet attempted Cactus yet, but I expect we will hopefully come January or early in First Quarter. If we get smashed, we will run away from it for a while like always and then come back.

Simply put we don't progress fast as it is and the option in a couple of months to try our hand at the first ROS raid will be refreshing as I am certain we won't be through EOK yet nor will we have beat it enough times for all of the flags. Very rarely (if ever) do we beat the end of an expansion before we beat the first few raids of the next, this is where the fight came from on my side of things.
  4. Crystilla Augur

I wasn't raiding but my guild beat Queen for the first time last week after struggling on it.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I would say a bit too early to tell, with leveling up and Christmas now upon us. I don't think many have taken a serious look at raiding since the expansion went live.

I think we were about 11th to finish EOK and we have only raided for 2 days, I think we now understand what is going on during the Overthere raid and expect it to go down when we return to raids in January when more of the guild are level 110, I know 1 of the other raid guilds on AB hasn't raided at all since the expansion went live and the other has been lacking in numbers. A lot of people are already on vacations for Christmas.

Patches being at our raid times didn't help either.

With so little raid content we took ourselves out of the race to finish expansions a few years back and don't push as hard as we used too just to spend even longer farming. 11th serverwide for our playstyle is still pretty decent.

Normally on a level expansion we wouldn't raid for 2 weeks to allow players to level up and get some AA. This time we choose to raid a bit earlier for 2 days and then give players the rest of the time off until after the New Year. Non level expansions we raid at our first given opportunity. I'm sure many other guilds have this approach.
  6. Millianna Augur

Most mid tier guilds don’t have enough players with RoS to try any t1 raids. Try back in the 1st quarter.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  7. svann Augur

You should try cactus. Easy peasy.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Did you really have to fire up a thread on this topic again?
    Thrillho and Sancus like this.
  9. Derd Augur

Definitely unprovable, I know of 1 person in our mid tier guild without new expansion, that may not be the only one but most of the guild is 108 to 110 already.
  10. Millianna Augur

Your clearly not playing the same EQ I am... and the ones that do have RoS aren’t 110 and max AA. Again, try back in the 1st quarter.
  11. Vlerg Augur

wandering around overthere I don't see many people sub 110...

they are probably not max AA yet (why would you XP if you are) but you don't need to be maxed on AA for the new stuff... don't know about your class but I don't use half my focus as a wizard, could really care less about 1 mana regen when my stuff cost thousand, extended swarm and... ton of crap AA.

but that's beside the point, you don't need to be 110 nor max AA to do the cactus raid... if you can do queen you can definately do cactus.
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Well, as was said above, it's a bit too early for that conclusion i'd say.
    First there is, as was pointed out, the holiday season - on our server even the guilds that did NOT struggle with Queen haven't done much raiding in RoS yet, if any.

I think this is closer to the "truth":
    Neither the discussions (on beta and here) have been for naught imo.

As Rashod experienced, the levels help (some didn't want to believe that) and the removal of the seal-requirement for the RoS T1 raids MIGHT at least enable guilds such as his to get out of EoK "for good" that much sooner.
    It's sad enough that we're stuck in T1 for 18wins - i.e. at least 6weeks plus however it takes ppl to learn the T1 events.
    (Those that haven't already beaten them yet i mean)
    Already, we're seeing several guilds with full RoS T1 downs.
    The least we can "grant" people, even those still "struggling" in EoK is their own TRY at it too - not been "for nothing" at all.
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Read much? No one said max AA.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Our guild tried a little peek in OT, because we were not enough for a queen attempt. We quickly concluded that we weren't ready yet(avg level 107 and 40'ish players that day). :p

We will likely not skip EoK, and I figure that once we get level 110 and some of the new AAs, we will be able to beat queen much more consistently(and therefore more practice on vault).

But for now, we are having a Christmas break, so no raiding before 2018. ;)

Still, it is nice to have the option of practicing the OT-raid before we have 18 EoK-tier 3 wins. :)
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

dito

That's what i imagined ;)

While i am tempted to agree on the trolling part, don#t underestimate the "mid tier", or even the casuals.
    They level almost as quickly as the "high tier", if the playing allows.
    "come back in 1st quarter" - well, that's just around the corner, and even when i am doing a /who all 110 *now* i do not just see members of raid guilds.
  16. Funk Augur

We had struggled on Queen and had zero Vault wins. We have one Vault win now, and for me and I'm sure many others in my guild and similar guilds these wins feel great even with extra levels!
    Thrillho, Yinla, Cicelee and 3 others like this.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Agreed. Many even level faster since they don't have to take time out to spend raiding on day 1.
    Yinla and Tarvas like this.
  18. Derd Augur

Aww I forgot your the one who tells people they shouldn't bother buying ROS. Sorry checked tonite every single character in guild that wasn't an alt was 106 or better, so much for not purchasing the expansion. And really levels aren't a problem, my 108 alt got 50 percent of a level burning lesson and then killing another 30 minutes in fm tonite. I also don't play that much 2 hours is a max play time evening for me. Back on subject, I do think we'll be trying cactus when its available again purely because once we do lcy, droga, prince and queen we have no desire to do tbm events to fill in time.