EoK Raid Spell Gems Convert to TDS and TBM Spells.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hellboy007, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Hellboy007 Augur

Seeing as though TBM is starting to fade off into the sunset for some guilds. it would be nice if we could have the EoK Raid Gems usable for all 101+ spells.

Would make sense for all the piles of EoK gems that will be rotting already.
    Janakin and Fanra like this.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

Agree. And it would be really awesome for raid currency and possible group currency, to have some ability to be backward compatible or converted to a previous expansion currency, even if said conversion did so at a loss.

IE - TBM RAID currency -> cotf raid currency at 1/2 what you have

Or something like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Totally agree, there are chase loots from older raids, that aren't done that often, that I could actually use. and a lot of stuff on the TBM raid vendor that I can afford, but have no intention of actually buying.

As long as you still have to unlock the items on the vendor, then Im ok with this.
    It's not like you can't earn raid coins without raiding content related to that specific currency(quarm-achievement).

Im not opposed to spell conversion either, it worked well with TBM-TDS spells. Why not just make it so that winning a level 101-105 spell-gem will give you one level 101-105 spell from current or previous expansions(that covered that level range). Or let you select from a pool containing ALL previous rk3 spells...
  4. Hellboy007 Augur

Ideally it would be nice to get some of the older Rk3 spells and tomes with current runes too. some classes still use many things from levels 81-100.
    Metanis likes this.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

Both the spell idea and the raid currency conversion are awesome ideas! Make it so Number 1!
  6. Hellboy007 Augur

Something to help with CoTF Rk3 spells would be lovely..
  7. seber Augur

It be nice let us used TMB or EOK coins buy old stuff coff or rof or some thing maybe have cost 4 to 1 or some thing
  8. Tour Augur

I understand the appeal of such a system, but useful items in non-current content is nothing new. I can understand the devs thinking that if it is still important enough for you to want, then it's still important enough for you to do the event. If you really don't want to bother with the event, then it must not be that important of an item worth having. If your guild finds eye's of life / decay, shawl 3.0, various clicky cure items, spells, augs, etc as useful items that are worth doing old content for, then you're going to entertain the idea of doing it depending on how many need it, how long it takes, how useful the items are, is it required raid night, and so on. And that management and decision making is part of the game if you're in a guild.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  9. GoldenFrog Augur

Encouraging people to go back and do older content for any desired rewards is a big part of what EQ brings to the table: Content.

This game is already EZ Mode compared with even 5 or 10 years ago. Why do you keep asking for more jelly beans be hand-fed to you. "We want EoK to also give TBM spells. And when those are done, they can be down-graded to 96+! Get more for doing less!"

There is something to help with CotF Rk 3 spells: 4 expansions of character power growth off the charts - making these 1-2 groupable if not even less.

If you want older spells go get them. If you missed a clicky - put together an off-night in your guild and do a few older events.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

CoTF isn't hard to randomly throw a group or two together and smack some T1 raids around for spells.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

You mean forming a group is too difficult?
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I actually did that to unlock the shield of immaculate light(cure clicky) on the vendor, the issue is not to get a guild to help me do the event/achievement once. The issue is that Im still 340 coins short, to afford it.
    We have open raids every week where CotF are viable targets, but Im sure the rest of the raid would like some variation too. :)
    I don't mind a grind to get what I want, but bothering 2-3 groups to grind the same raid every week is a bit much.
    Using some of my TBM raid coins to buy it would solve that problem.
  13. Hellboy007 Augur

i did ask if any CoTF was easily 1 group. no one really said it was possible. I havnt tried though my self
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Easily depends on the group. But I've no doubt some of it can be. The raid for deadhills 2 I think it was just throw a big tank at it and plenty of dps. It should melt.