EoK monk 1 handed versus 2

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Snazster, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Snazster Elder

Anyone done any parsing yet of Grittooth+Di'zok versus Crush or Staff of the Dragoon with maxed AA and disciplines? How about the two one-handers versus Mastermind or its ultra-rare equivalent? And how are they all doing against TBM equivalents, like Shattering Maw?
  2. Thrillho Augur

I parsed this on beta and posted the results in the beta forums. It was meant mainly to discuss the slower delays for the weapons and the procs we could potentially be missing out on (tl;dr slower weapons should equal less procs, but that didn't appear to be the case). From what I recall with it, the Grittooth+Di`zok vs. Staff of the Dragoon were more or less equal in damage, and both were an increase of ~7% in damage from the previous TBM raid weapons (h2h and 2hb). Parses were 10 hours each, and were just auto-attack.

I can't recall if I used my main toon or my betabuffed toon. Betabuffed didn't have all the augs he should have had, but had a full set of EoK raid gear + max AAs. Main toon had TBM raid gear, zero EoK gear / AAs.

Anecdotally, I've heard that 2hb is considerably better than the dual wield combo. I'm currently using the 2hb and am pleased with the results, but I haven't done any parses with my setup at the moment. If nothing else, my hDex is 45 higher with the 2hb than the dual wield - should have more procs and land a higher % of hits.
  3. Snazster Elder

Thanks. I keep hearing the merits of 2 handers as well, but aside from hitting fewer damage shields, and in spite of getting some 2 hander AA upgrades in EoK, I am not seeing it. At least not any more.
  4. Brohg Augur

Flurries add damage via main-hand attacks. Since all of 2h damage is main-hand, anything that enhances flurries does much much better for staff melee than 2*1h melee.

Ditto & especially Destructive Force.
  5. Astral64 Augur

2hb is still the best choice for dps.

Nothing changed with EoK to make this not true. The gap only got bigger.
  6. Minato Augur

while i agree 2hb is the main go to weapon i have noticed using it during some non burn and certain burns its slightly better over time to use duel wield but the difference imo isnt worth the constant bandoliering. Perhaps others parses have been different thats just what i got shortly after eok dropped
  7. Dropfast Augur

I don't have the 1 handers yet so I can't test it yet again. However, 2h has been ahead of 1H for years now. I highly doubt that has changed. Unless something changes with our AA's or they up the ratio on 1H it will never be better. Honestly, I'm fine with it ><

I did a small test on Beta and 2h was still ahead by a good little chunk, even with no ADPS. I don't know where people are getting this they are pretty even stuff. Not one test in past 2-3 years has been even. The only time I see 1H damage close to 2H is when you have 0 buffs and 0 ADPS. As so soon as your buffed or get ADPS of any kind 2h pulls way ahead. At least that's what I've seen. /shrug
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  8. MrMajestykx Augur

nothing in EoK did anything to change the weapons output, ie lesser delay on h2h then before or slower on 2hander etc, nor AA s to even the field. That being said

2 hander....its not even close.
  9. Snazster Elder

Okay, Grittooth with +11 aug and Grannus Steam Mitts with a +10 Aug for twenty minutes on auto attack at training dummy's back averaged 38.5k dps.

Shattering Maw with a +16 Aug gave me an average of 36.9k.

Using discs and AAs on target dummy less than useful as they do not time out in the guild hall, but it appears 2HB doesn't have a complete lock on dps.

Granted we are mixing expansions here but that's the best I got. Probably some super uber out there with Grittooth and Dizok, and also a Staff of the Dragoon or a Crush. Maybe. If not now then soonish...
  10. Brohg Augur

+12 & +20 augs wru?
  11. Snazster Elder

Only so much time in a day. Sooner or later I'll get around to getting them. I have a punchlist a mile long. My own fault for taking the past five expansions off.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

I asked a friend this question and the reply was "2H, and by 2H I mean roll a zerker"
  13. Thrillho Augur

Here's as much as I can do without setting up an autofire to mash some keys for a burn. Here are two 30 minute parses. I wanted to do longer, and ran a couple of 1-hour ones, but I made a mistake and added something to them that really skewed the results. Didn't want to burn an additional hour on these. Auto-attack only, no mash keys.

2HB:
    Thrillhouse -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 298632163 -- DPS: 165907 -- Scaled: 165907 -- Crush: 272384970 -- Strike: 19079377 -- DirDmg: 7167816 -- Non-crit rate: 69.4% -- crit rate: 30.6% -- Attempts: 18370 -- Hits: 16758 -- Missed: 1612 -- Accuracy: 91.2% -- Avg Hit: 17820 -- Max hit: 39997 -- DMG to PC: 0

H2H:
    Thrillhouse -vs- Combat Dummy Heda: -- DMG: 275303115 -- DPS: 152946 -- Scaled: 152946 -- Crush: 163554508 -- Punch: 84104154 -- Strike: 19932839 -- DirDmg: 7711614 -- Non-crit rate: 68% -- crit rate: 32% -- Attempts: 29826 -- Hits: 27106 -- Missed: 2720 -- Accuracy: 90.9% -- Avg Hit: 10156 -- Max hit: 39969 -- DMG to PC: 0

Difference: ~8% dmg increase using the 2hb over the H2H. Longer parses would even out the DPS for each, so it might be anywhere from 6-10% difference - but still an increase. I'm a huge fan of hDex, and the difference between these two sets is a staggering 45 hDex. This is going to impact your other abilities too, such as kicks.

As always, please check your own parses to see what works for you. I may have missed something or added something in I shouldn't have. Please post any different findings you have too.

Breakdown of buffs, gear, and adps:

Buffs:
    Mostly remnants from raid buffs. Missing a ranger buff or two, and bst buffs.

Gear:
    2hb = Staff of the Dragoon + 20 dmg aug (hDex = 1524)
    h2h = Grittooth (primary) + 12 dmg aug + Di`Zok (secondary) + 11 dmg aug (hDex = 1479)
    No powersauce, since I didn't want to burn up a geo and figured this'd be good enough.
    Magelo: https://eq.magelo.com/profile/3674318 (mostly EoK raid gear with a few TBM raid pieces still lingering)

Used my bard box for some ADPS. Bard:
    - Third spire
    - Fierce Eye
    - Quick time
    - SoB
    - No epic, he's just a rookie and I've been lazy
    Melody:
    - Aura of Maet
    - Aria of Maet II
    - War March of Jocelyn II
    - Fjilnauk's Song of Suffering II
    - Arcane Melody II
    - Storm Blade II

Monk:
    - Infusion of Thunder (nixes Fierce Eye though)
    - Zan Fi
    - Dragon's balance
    - Dicho
    - Speed focus (no FoF proc)
    - Second spire
    - Glyph of Destruction II
  14. Derka Power Ranger

Hypothetically with max haste and hundred hands effects you are capped on weapon delay by the server with 1handers. Since the delay on 2handers is higher you get the full effect without restrictions.
  15. Chaosflux Augur

Beast Dich,and Fury would skew the results towards 2hander because of the flurry mod possibly as well? No idea your innate flurry rate.
    Brohg likes this.
  16. roth Augur

Yeah ... no.

I won't say there is no minimum delay, but there is no way anyone anywhere could hit it, as it is 10/128 seconds, the server tick time. That would be an effective delay under 1, as the game lists things on weapons. No way, no how is that ever attainable, not even with a 10 delay weapon (max haste would put it at effectively a 4.444 delay weapon, tack on 25 HHE and you knock 25% from that, down to 3.333 delay weapon, still well above the <1 delay weapon). Don't know if 25 is the max HHE, but even 75 HHE would only bring it down to 1.111, still above the 10/128 figure (approx 0.781).

For those who either do not know or do not recall, that 10/128 value came to light back when parsing found that two weapons of close, but not equal delay, were attacking at exactly the same times, even though one should have been slightly faster than the other. Devs put in code so that the lost fraction of a round would be tracked, and when it accumulated a whole combat round's worth of missing combat, you got a whole new combat round right then and there. That was a number of years ago though so who knows what unannounced changes might have been made in the intervening years.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  17. Derka Power Ranger

18. Snazster Elder

Thank you for the parse, Thrillho. Precisely what I needed/wanted to see. Makes me regret missing my roll for that Crush even more, though.
  19. Snazster Elder

Okay, Grittooth with +11 aug and Grannus Steam Mitts with a +10 Aug for twenty minutes on doing autoattack + kickspam and other AA's with Ironfist running, versus the same thing with Shattering Maw with a +16 Aug.

The one-handers managed only 92.4% of the dps done with The Shattering Maw.

I find this rather annoying, especially as the Grittooth is from a later expansion. Way to go Daybreak. Has to be a screwup because why would they want the best monk one-handers to be less than 100% desirable by monks?
  20. Brohg Augur

It's been the situation since CotF, Snazster. Going on 3.5 years now, it is the status quo. So... why would they want the best monk two-hander to be less than 100% desirable by monks?