EoK - Mission - Atrebe's Vault

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Greenhorn, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Greenhorn Journeyman

And here I am again. After successfully done Before the Siege and Summoning of Droga, Atrebe's Vault makes me wipe over and over again.

Got now the last mob down to 6% at last try.

How does the Totem-disable-function work?

We engaged with burn to avoid stacking the mobs because they are timer-dependent and it seems it is a pure DPS-battle. If we are to slow in dps then hammer and axes come at once. After burning from start we got to lorenado and even killed his tomes but the totem stacked add after add on us. It was possible to park them in the corner with druids Paralytic Root Line AA but after parking 4-6 or so he dropped 4 ghosts at the end at once on the heads and warrior went down fast after cleric couldnt keep up with heals. This was a bit of surprise and a bit too fast for the group.

I tried to activate the ground spawns. They showed the usual "casting" but nothing happend. The totem was still there - which one to activate was unclear.

How do I decide which of the gems to activate and how does it work?
  2. Symbius Augur

I've never bothered with even looking at despawning the totems in the group mission, just burned the final guy and he never lasts long enough for the totems to matter.

However, in the raid there are colored ground spawns in the middle there to pick up and click on the appropriate colored spot in the 3 side rooms. I would guess the group mission functions the same way to stop the totem spawning adds on you. The raid takes 2 clicks on the appropriate color to depop the totem and 3 people to click them at the same time in each side room.

Like I said, though, I don't know if you need 3 people to click, move and click again like the raid. It's something to look into if you can't burn the final guy down fast enough.
  3. Cicelee Augur

I could be wrong, only because every time I have done it it has been extremely easy, but...

1. Not once during the first part did we get another set of two adds while we were still killing the first two. It seems to me like the next set won't come until you kill the two already spawned.

2. All burns should be saved for named skeleton at the end. Not once did we ever have to worry about any mechanic besides just killing it. Weakest group I have done it with was three mages with three Merc healers.
  4. Ismel Augur

I gave it a try soloing and the 3 pairs of mobs at the start do have a time limit also before the next pair spawn.

That said you really do want to save burn for the last mob, the book spawns 3 add one each at 60 30 and 10% and if your low dps be sure to kill the 3 adds before killing the book so your ready with no adds up for the last mob.
  5. Rakknar Elder

Your group will always have to deal with the mechanics of these missions because of the lack of a real dps'er. Nevermind that brohg will insist the opposite. :) While your group is capable (in eq theory) you won't ever match an optimized group ie. a melee-centric or a caster-centric group. Not only does an optomized group get all the achs. they never deal with these mechanics. To be honest, I've never ever seen any of the things your talking about in this mission. This means the answer to beating it is the most simple answer of all, DPS harder!

Good luck on your next try. Since the reward for getting conquest achs. is a stupid illusion, its not a big loss if you don't get them.
  6. Greenhorn Journeyman

Very strange...

This time we went through like knife through butter....

It is definitely timer based. This time the Druid didn't run around to get the mechanics working for the totem but stayed for DPS. We killed the waves without the need of going for burn. Druid parked two of the tome adds from Lorenado in the corner with his AA-Root. Then the last named came and we went full with "full burn" into the fight. No totem spawned, no sket appeared, no ghost came and we won ALL achievements for this mission.

So the hint saving all burns for last was a working one for us.

There are three colored ground spawns on the floor. According to EQResource/Allah you need to activate one (if something goes wrong and you do not want to drop mission and get it again). But this seems a bit shady. Nevertheless to get all achievements the DPS-Solution is still the only viable option.

Many thanks.

P.S.: @Rakknar: many thanks. I know, the group combo is not ideal but I am sure if I play up a Zerker/Sk etc. up to 105 it will get nerfed for sure - better I stick to the things I have and know. I love to try to make it with this combination even it is a bit harder sometimes. Mostly I only need a small idea or hint then it works for sure ;)
  7. Rakknar Elder

Congratulations. You do have a solid group when played at max. Them druid dots help I'm sure.

Now, to get the 6 min ach. in droga if you lack dps is to run guantlet. This means you fight 2 mobs total, the high priest and the blood.

There is enough space between mobs to cast heals without getting hit. All mobs are rooted.
  8. Ismel Augur

There is an easier way run up with DA on for one person and be sure you aggro all the rooted mobs on the way and the rest can run up with no aggro at all.
  9. Tucoh Augur

Grats on beating that mission. From what I hear druid dots might make a large impact in your group's DPS.

On the vault mission in particular, if you need to do it again try having the warrior go 2H and pop burns on the boss after the last book mob is destroyed.
  10. Swiss Augur

I may have missed where you said your group setup.

Our group in mostly T2 group gear can carry 1-2 alts for this usual setup is SK tanking, cleric merc or druid or shaman healing, bard, ranger, then the last 2 slots have been any mix of ranger, necro, sk, shaman, rogue. At times it was 4 boxing with a healer merc and a real player for 6th spot. This is before the dot patch as well so our druid/shamans when there weren't the dps they are today lol.

We move into the room tanking in center usually with the ranged to the left coming in.
    Then pick up the hammers and tank both using the better defensive since they seem to stun or DD hard at times.
    The next set never seem to do anything special so just kill.
    Then comes the fading pair so you can focus all dots on one to give the tank some help on agro or your tank just has to save some AoE agro and taunts for each time they fade before a dps gets summoned and killed.

After those 6 the lorenado comes out, don't burn him, swap dps to add books as they spawn to avoid silence and stuns going off during the final fight. After the 3 books are dead finish off the lorenado.
    Have your tank grab the skeleton as soon as it spawns and go all out burning, if your dps is having issues here try tanking with a 2 hander if the healer can keep you up and have the healer dot when able after this patch they are decent dps and cleric can turn undead AA as well as the undead dot.

We never had anything extra on the last fight even when we had book adds leftover and they killed the sk from silence on the healer and tank. Hope this helps anyone still having issues.