EoK loot drop rate from Nameds

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by sdeco, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdeco Lorekeeper

Am i just having terrible luck or do nameds almost never drop anything in this expansion, except one item over and over?
  2. Act of Valor The Newest Member

We need to combine all these threads about loot not dropping into one megathread so everyone can see the acronym RNG over and over.
  3. Roxxanna Augur

People always yelling RNG, Tinfoil hat, or whatever, yet I spent the entire weekend in TBM trying to gear up my SK and never saw 1 named. Not 1 in 20 hours of killing the place holders for 3 different named in plane of decay. I think their RNG is flawed.
  4. flash000 Augur

new expansion = nerfed rng in old
  5. Zalamyr Augur

I've always kind of wished they'd put in a form of "bad luck protection". That is to say, the more PHers that have been cleared without a named, the higher the chance of a named.

I was doing a camp a couple weeks back and saw 1 named in 115 PHers. Probably the worst I'd ever done on any named ever.
    Vrinda and Fanra like this.
  6. Qbert Gallifreyan

If you're referring to the nonvisible loot then, yes, it was stated in beta that there are abnormally large number of named mobs as compared to the number of loot items. As a result, many named mobs have only one nonvisible drop on their loot table.

They can of course also drop a visible armor clicky/mold, but even that is rare compared to past expansions. I have killed about 60 named or so in t2 and still don't even have one full set of t2 visible armor.
  7. OldTimer Journeyman

This is a Very Old question & problem. People have been asking the same question since the game began
  8. sdeco Lorekeeper

True, but I've been playing since The Original Kunark and can't recall loot ever being this sparse.
  9. Espiritun Augur

thos ornaments tho!
  10. Vdidar Augur

My rng is bad. I've been camping named in droga and can go hours with no named yet they pop all over the zone around me lol
  11. Tvarian Augur

Not sure what everyone's problem with this really is. EVERY named that I have been in on the kill for has dropped some piece of loot, whether it be visible or not. Most times it has only been 1 piece, and once I did see 2 pieces drop, one visible and one non-visible.

You're talking about very good armor here as well, almost as good as TBM raid armor. For a casual player to be able to be geared in armor this good... why complain?

As a casual player, I have almost a full set of T2 visible (head & hands T1, need a chest drop) and I have 1 non-visible T2 pieces (ear). A few of those pieces I've been able to rot loot them.

Have people been getting nameds that don't drop anything?

I've seen some replies that mentioned the spawn rate of nameds, but that has nothing to do with the topic of this thread, which is the drop rate from the nameds.
  12. Roxxanna Augur

Oh no, perhaps they should be flogged.
  13. Dropfast Augur

The reason people are mentioning the terrible spawn rate is because that's half the problem with this new loot system. Combine the 2 and it really sucks. They changed how loot works this round from the normal way they have been doing forever now. Every named is guaranteed to drop one loot still, Visible or non-Vis, but your no longer guaranteed a non-Visible like it has been for ages. Many named will just drop a Visible over and over and nothing else. Then couple that with named that have 2 non-visible loots on top of super crappy spawn rates = camping one named for weeks on end or even months to get one single loot you want to drop. It's crap.

Perfect example, I have now completed hunter of EoK yet my Alt Shaman still doesn't have a full set of EoK gear... How many named is their? Like 98 or something? Plus I have killed many of those named multiple times. So in total I've killed around 300 named at least and I'm still missing a few pieces of gear for her, that's insane.

A named off top my head like Gullerback seem to have one quarter the spawn rate that some other named are. In about 100+ hours of camping him, I have seen him spawn only 2 times so far and both times he had no aug. He of course dropped nothing but a visible one time and a neck I think it was the 2nd.

New loot rules + RNG + every dwindling spawn rates = the suck. Everyone knows why they did it too, it's just yet another artificial time sink to "make the expansion last longer". They said it was because they made more named than usual, but we all know that was just the excuse they needed to introduce this new crap system. They keep making less and less content and making everything take longer to get so it seems like were still getting as much as we use to. What's next? Named that don't drop anything? I feel for you groupers out their. ;)
    Roxxanna and Vdidar like this.
  14. Brudal Augur

Perhaps next time they can tie the group vendor to hunters similar to non visible raid gear showing up as raid events are defeated.
    Sirene_Fippy likes this.
  15. segap Augur

It does feel that way at times. What really irks me is they're extending the time required to get things done. Needing hunter to finish off the heroic AA line sucks. For me, I like to switch to playing alts once I get things done I need on my main. That helps extend and make the game fun for me over the year. But with needing to do yet more pointless time sinks, I'm not able to play the way I want to have fun the way I like to.
    Vdidar likes this.
  16. Vdidar Augur

I've been camping the yeti patriarch for a few days. Probably somewhere in the nature of 10-12 hours. I don't need the loot just the named to spawn. It took me a double named weekend to get the spy hunter in FM. I killed those ph for 8 hours straight one day.
  17. Dropfast Augur

That would be nice. That's a good idea Brudal. Once you kill a rare, it's loots should become available to buy off a vendor.

The spread between the lucky people and un-lucky is way to large now. One person can go camp something they want and if you get lucky you can get it in 20 mins. Then the next person comes to get the exact same loot and it takes them 100+ hours. This should never happen, no matter what your "luck / RNG" is. They are just stacking chance on top chance on top chance now which makes the spread way to large.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

It would be nice to see a bit more consistent drop rate. A smaller spread would be nice.
  19. Duhbeast Augur

With as much content that we are given over a years time, it is better to have items rarer/harder to obtain. It adds VALUE.

[IMG]
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

At least you're getting AA points to spend on those 100pt per rank abilities.
    [IMG]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.