Enumerated SPA list

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Prathun, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Balthozzar Elder

I think this is from some collection achievements when you finish all the collections for some of the more recent expansions. That's a nice benefit, but that's an awful lot of shinies to get it.
    Axxius likes this.
  2. Wulfhere Augur

Prathun, what are the SPA for melee shielding and spell shielding?
  3. Prathun Developer

Probably these 2:
    AFFECTNUMBER AFFECTNAME
    55 Stoneskin
    78 SpellShield
  4. Brohg Augur

55 Stoneskin

SPA appears to function as a total rune against incoming melee damage (interchangably with SPA162? but SPA55 only appears as a 100% absorb to whatever cap). Tons of player spells use/do this.

The melee shielding now displayed in the "Heroic Mods" section of the inventory window reduces only the base damage of melee hits, not the entire amount. No spell I'm aware of mimics that function

[IMG]
    Sancus likes this.
  5. Herf Augur

What is SPA?
  6. Tobynn Augur

SPell Affect.

Yes, it should be Effect, but some codemonkey didn't realize some 20 years ago. It stuck.
  7. mackal Augur

Pretty sure the term came from a MUD the early devs played, so it's even more than 20 years ago :p
  8. Wulfhere Augur

SPA 55 is the classic enchanter Rune spell line. SPA 78 is the classic wizard Spellshield spell line. What Brogh said as we're curious about these old mod2 stats in a Tank thread.
  9. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Did you maybe mean one of these?

AFFECTNUMBERAFFECTNAME
    161 Spell Guard
    162 Melee Guard
    450 DoT Guard
    451 Melee Threshold Guard
    452 Spell Threshold Guard
    Axxius likes this.
  10. Prathun Developer

What are you curious about? I'm not sure I understand what the question is, or if there is a question.
  11. Brohg Augur

is there a SPA doing this? :

12. Prathun Developer

No. Those benefits are derived from your Heroic Stats.
    Note that when you hover over the number, there's a popup that indicates how much of which Heroic Stat you need to increase the effect.
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Axxius Augur

But there were no Heroic stats back in OoW (2004) when melee and spell shielding was introduced. Was it reworked later?
  14. Sancus Augur

Yes. They were their own stats.
    Axxius likes this.
  15. Littlelegs Elder

i dont wanna say im impressed, or sad, or i dunno. sancus is something else. please tell me this is in a spreadsheet.

hi sancus

*edit its cause he knows stuffs. i like sancus
    Sancus likes this.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Tf have you been, brosef?
    Sancus likes this.
  17. Wulfhere Augur

The question, from the Tank thread, is it reasonable to ask for disciplines or spell effects that improve melee or spell shielding (mod2s) for warriors and/or knights in upcoming expansions.
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

All casters got 55 runes in original EQ, and 78 is original to Bards only.

Fun fact: 78 is never used in modern EQ for ANYTHING aside from one Bard song, and the original song (level 41) is actually better than the current (level 108) song for it (which isn't saying much).

[714] Psalm of Mystic Shielding
    Classes: BRD/41
    Skill: Singing, Max Focus: 320%
    Target: Target Group
    AE Range: 50'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s
    Duration: 12s+ (2 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    1: SPA 50 Base1=10 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=102 --- Increase Magic Resist by 120
    2: SPA 78 Base1=15 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Absorb Spell Damage: 100%, Total: 15
    3: SPA 0 Base1=5 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Increase Current HP by 5 per tick
    4: SPA 1 Base1=5 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=109 --- Increase AC by 9

[56125/1718] Kluzen's Spry Sonata Rk. III
    Classes: BRD/108
    Skill: Singing, Max Focus: 320%
    Target: Target Group
    AE Range: 60'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s
    Duration: 12s+ (2 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    1: SPA 78 Base1=10 Base2=0 Max=0 Calc=100 --- Absorb Spell Damage: 100%, Total: 10
    2: SPA 1 Base1=306 Base2=0 Max=306 Calc=100 --- Increase AC by 91
    3: SPA 305 Base1=-111 Base2=0 Max=111 Calc=100 --- Decrease Offhand Damage Shield Taken by 111%
    4: SPA 180 Base1=15 Base2=0 Max=17 Calc=100 --- Increase Chance to Resist Spell by 15%
  19. Wulfhere Augur

You're right about Bard's originality. Their best pure rune song might still be level 49 Shield of Songs from Velious.

Enchanters got targetable Rune at level 16 (so I gave them the nod). Wizards and Necromancers got personal Shieldskin (also at 16), Shadowknights at 34. Magicians never get rune.

Enchanter's Glyph Spray and Reactive Rune AA, as well as Necromancer's Embalmers Carapace AA, all have SPA 78 effects.

ps: I was referring to wizards level 58 spells from the RoK and Luclin expacs.

[1728] Manasink
    Classes: WIZ/58

[2559] Spellshield
    Classes: WIZ/58
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Those are now "derived" stats, and no longer "Directly accessible" (I.E. we can't directly add to them with items or spells)

And as far as spell shielding.... Hell no... players already ignore 38 to 45% of spell damage. It's Already too much.

I have no comment about Melee shielding except that I personally believe that it is also too much.
    Axxius and Duder like this.