Entering TDS zones

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Speathdell, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Speathdell Journeyman

Hello is there any way to enter the TDS-zones locked behind progression without to have progression , such as campfire ?

Thank you
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

Not that I know off and one zone does require you to faction at one point for progression.
    But the progression should be easier now and 115 lvl is around the corner.

But TDS raids you can join them with out Progression.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I don't think so (other than the parrot for brothers island) - ran into the same problem so took my little army and did the progression tasks over the weekend. They are not hard and eq resource has a nice set up. https://tds.eqresource.com/progression.php

I am stuck on Bigger Fish but it is not needed for progression - its just needed for the mercenary chain.
    Eggolas likes this.
  4. Speathdell Journeyman

Ah ok , thank you for the info :)
  5. Eggolas Augur

CatsPaws, what group and levels are you using for Bigger Fish? I was stuck on it until I figured out it was a DPS check. I've now taken two alt-tab groups through it: Monk/Ranger/Mage and Bard/Shaman/Warrior. Neither experienced much difficulty. Clear out the mobs near the shore before starting the event and then when the named comes, burn it down and all the others vanish on its death.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, I clear out the surrounding sea gobbys and other things first. I am running a 109 ranger with J5 healer merc, 107 paladin with J5 dps merc and 109 chanter with J5 tank. This tank can take down named in FM but there are just too many sea monsters at one time - omg there is a named? :eek:
  7. Eggolas Augur

Just a thought . . .

Switch out the dps merc (melee or caster?) for a second healer merc on different casting. Equip the Paladin with a good 2H weapon and stand in the circle. Keep killing the sea monsters as hit land, ranger with bow. When the bigger fish comes (Filander) he will be hard to miss. Attack with everything. Full burns on all characters. Scarlet Cheetah on ranger. Haze, Paladin burn . . . when it dies, they all go away.

What type of gear does the Paladin have, bow for ranger and is the chanter pet fully fortified and wearing all pet armor/weapons/haste?
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I did try both types of dps mercs - caster and melee and they both went down fast. The group all have bits and pieces of conflag armor and augs but the paladin is under developed since he was originally just a Brell's buff bot. The ranger is main and does bow. Chanter pet has the buffs but I don't think he has much in armor/weapons.

Thanks for the ideas, going to try a second healer. And get some armor for the pet. I don't raid so this is a simple box group from a casual 8 hour a day player :D but you've given me some encouragement to try again!