Enough already ...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by roth, Dec 18, 2019.

1. roth Augur

Enough with the population limit on zones. It was not funny in TBL, and it is not something that should have been continued.

Mercs should not count against the number of players in a static zone. Not ever.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Namde Augur

Agreed. But with the garbage equipment limitations....
  3. bortage spammin lifetaps

We should load balance pok, better get in the /pick with mgb buffs!
  4. Conq Augur

Sorry, I enjoy the zonewide message that the zone is above capacity and the countdown to dismissing mercenaries is coming! Sometimes I can convince more guildies to come by to make sure the merc's all poof!
    Conq
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Mercs should just poof! anyway. GO AWAY MERCS.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

7. Sobmre Augur

WHOA your on a server that has full live zones? what server is that
  8. Allayna Augur

Xegony, every single launch.

We have many raiding guilds (that actually kill current content) and even one of the largest casual guilds.

Check it out.

Machin Shin
    Realm of Insanity
    Iratus Lepus
    Champions of Norrath
    Lions of the Heart

We also have a completely open raid force once farm season hits.

I do always chuckle and think how much the casuals must hate raiders as 8 or 9 groups from Machin Shin ot Realm of Insanity start plowing through progression in their full groups. Meanwhile the molo or boxer gets mercs suspended because of pick limits.
  9. Flatchy Court Jester

Its getting to where I dont even want to buy the expansion till about 3 months after it comes out. The forcing us all into the new zones was a great idea! (said no one ever)
    BadPallyGuildLeader likes this.
  10. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

No way....I really cannot be arsed to load my cleric box.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

We are not forced into new expansions.

The mobs have 20m hp, yes, but last night the monk was putting out 900k DPS on burns and 300k DPS on standard content. I as an ENC was putting out 100k DPS sustained and burning over 300k DPS on named. 20m HP is nothing. Our full group of a BRD, ENC, SK, CLR, MNK and 107 MAG took down a named effortlessly in less than 2 minutes and it had 90m HP. It's just a number.

I got 6% XP in GMM without lessons. I am getting about 0.1% per kill. But that's the same amount I am getting in ToV zones. That is just the XP curve. My 107 mage got 30% XP on the same GMM mission that I got 6% at 111.

Off topic? Not really, I am talking about the issues of a bad perception.

As for the actual post, pick zone, it's an expansion launch issue. Everyone is logging in heavy right now. Give it a week and there wont be issues, definitely not in a month.

The only real issue is a negative attitude. Almost every game ever has server issues and zone congestion and patches when the game launches or when expansions drop. It would be foolish to modify the game for the black-friday-style craze of launch which resolve quickly.

Just go level in GMM and TBL like you planned. The only great XP in ToV is the ACHs. Some of the quests can be good too. That is not a TBL nerf. That is making ToV more rewarding to quest in, which might have been due to the popularity of GMM.
  12. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Heh, I will log in to FV in another month, once the usual suspects have begun farming my gear for me. :D