Enhanced Minion Questions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stephen51, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Stephen51 Augur

I have an alt mage, and was lucky enough to get a EM 20 item a while back, from I think it was a Dead Hills Raid.

Can anyone confirm that EOK T1 and T2 were EM 18?

ROS T1 and player made ear which is like T1.5 is also EM 18?

ROS T2 is EM 19?

I'm still wearing my EM 20 Ear - as it effects the swarm pet level and therefore damage output.

I've a few questions, the primary one is, should I switch to the new EM19 ear if I can get it and just switch in the EM20 Ear when I'm casting my main pet, or keep my EM20 ear until its surpassed by group gear, which at this rate, if I'm right about the above, will be the expansion after next?

My other question is has raid EM slowed at the same rate as group EM?

I think EM used to increase for group twice per expansion, once at t1 and then at t2/top tier.
    In EOK this changed to both T1 and T2 being having the same EM.
    In ROS it has changed again, T1 having the same EM as EOK, then T2 increasing by one.
  2. Moege Augur

The is no clear pattern that I can see, one expansion group gear gets an increase other one it doesn't.

EM 25: RoS Raid: Prickle
    EM 24: RoS Raid TS: Summoner's Phlogiston Earring
    EM 19: RoS T2: Miniature Reaper's Scythe
    EM 18: RoS TS: Summoner's Conflagrant Earring (F2P)
    EM 18: RoS T1: Sound of the Howl Earring (F2P)

EM 24: EoK Raid: Compressed copper stud/Golden Sage's Earring
    EM 18: EoK T2: Dreams of Goodwill Bangle
    EM 18: EoK T1: Engraved Bone Earring (F2P)

EM 23: TBM Raid: Soulcatcher Earhoop
    EM 18: TBM T2: Shade's Phase (F2P)
    EM 12: TBM T1: Blackmarrow Hooks
    EM 12: TBM T1: Oozing Bone Spike

EM 23:TDS Raid: Os Avus
    EM 18:TDS T2: Sparking Bauble
    EM 18:TDS T2: Creeping Rhodolite Garnet Earring
    EM 16:TDS T1: Chitin Stud

EM 20: CoTF Raid: Bonespike Earring (F2P)

On my F2P mages I use Bonespike Earring as the mage is not supposed to take damage anyway and the swarm pet output is more valuable. The next expansion is going to prove troubling for the dev as group focus is approaching raid focus, will have to wait and see what happens. My bet is next expansion focus is going to stay the same as they did between TDS and TBM.

Pets were lagging behind in power think that is the reason for RoS increase and pet buffing up.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

I would always take the highest EM, even if the gain in DPS is very small. It is an identity thing for me, I identify my EQ self as a mage, and the pet is the core of the class, and I have desired higher levels of EM before they where called EM :)
    RandyLahey likes this.
  4. RandyLahey Elder

Agreed. Exactly why I overpaid for a Golden Sage's Earring about a year ago. EM 24 FTW. My mage has been my main forever and will always consider my mage my main.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

ATM I have the EM 18. My raiding days are over so the the only one that's better I can obtain is the EM 19. So with that said, can the Deka the Reaper camp be moloed? Is it a camp with single pulls, or a camp that needs to be split? I'll level to 110 this weekend, after that I'm going to explore my chances with this mob.

The guild I once in is dead, the people I grouped with are gone, so right now I'm a molo mage. I always had pride in being a named killer molo mage. Unless the camp is impossible to molo, or the named is over tuned nastiness, I'll kill it.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  6. Gnomeland Augur

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. Why shouldn't group focus be better than raid focus from five expansions ago...?

Is there any other equipment, weapon, focus, etc., in which this is the case? Keep in mind, there were TWO level increases since then. The raid spell focus from COTF is basically worthless at 110.

There is no reason at all people should be using five expansions old raid equipment because of a better focus.
  7. Stephen51 Augur

Thanks very much for your replies, I guess I'll stick with my old EM20 ear (it is the Bonespike Earring) but its h/m/e and aug slots are massively eclipsed by current group gear. It appears the gap between group and raid focus has widened, if the list above is correct in TDS the gap was 5, now the gap is 6.

I might get lucky and the ran rare EM24 to drop :)
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

I have a question about Enhanced Minion caps...
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/search.html?q=enhanced minion

My mage is currently L105 but the highest earring she currently has is the Black Vertebrae.
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=108256

That means my current enhanced minion is XII which has the following information attached to it.

1: Pet Power Increase (110)
    2: Limit: Max Level(100)
    3: Limit: Min Level (76)

So, Is my L105 mage using a 102 water elemental or 104 earth elemental getting any benefit from the enhanced minion XII or is it like bard songs and other spell modifications which decays over a certain level? It would appear to me that the item provides no benefits at my current level. I have an EOK ear with twice as much HP, MANA and SP DMG currently equipped instead, but I wanted to double check.

I see the Beak is Available from Glassbeak Stormbreaker in Stratos so I plan to get that, but until I do, am I right to ditch the EM12 for the much better stats of the TBL EM20.

Also, while on the topic, at what level can I zone Banner into TBL raids?
  9. Sancus Augur

No. The minimum EM level to summon a focused TDS (level 101 - 105) pet is EM XIII.
  10. Petalonyx Augur

Dont farm Glassbeak in stratos. He will be a lot harder than GMM mission which rewards a much better ear (with higher pet lvl and luck, even!), much better exp, and much better other loot.
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

I agree, but Beak is non-prestige, so I will try for both.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

ToV T1 group earring (non-prestige I presume) will be EM21. ToV T2 group earring will be EM23. Those will be off only slightly from Golden Sage Earring (EM24) and Summoner's Descending Moon Earring (EM25). If you are lucky, I believe the ToV pet chase earring will be EM27 (Summoner's Ice Encrusted Earring).

Info based on preliminary data from EQResource.
    Vumad likes this.
  13. Nniki Augur

Pics of pet earrings on beta atm:

[IMG]
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Thank you! It looks like I misread Group T2 as being EM23. It looks like Golden Sage's Earring and Summoner's Descending Moon Earring are staying relevant which is great news for TBL to have some replay value...
    Nniki likes this.
  15. Petalonyx Augur

Luck missing on T1 attunable?
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Luck is probably a stat reserved for prestige items or All Access only.

Edit: Moving forward, I can see Luck not being on chase items to differentiate them from raid loot (and keeping chase items from being infuse-destroyed).