Enforced Raid Rotation Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Grish Augur

The game is about logging in and playing. The forums are for posting on the forums. But I think everyone already knows that here yeah?
  2. Pixn Journeyman

You do realize every single Poopsock on this server has been started by Apok with 5% started by RoI right? TL has not once started a poopsock here, although ofcourse we did end every single one.
  3. Lateryn Augur

Rofl. If you even have 30 subs, they are all being done by krono and the money is actually coming from casuals who use krono to buy loot they can't get.

So much hilariousness from TL in this thread. You realize you can put a time limit on how long guilds have to engage? If they wipe do they get another chance or ffa? etc.

GMs are only coming in if the guilds themselves cannot work out a solution.
  4. Elkay Augur

This is a real problem that I did bring up but never got much of a response on. If they have a raid force that is capable of downing the content, even if it's only 5 or 6 real people, who's to say they don't deserve a slot? What would DBG's ruling be on that?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

6. Batbener Augur

I learned 2 things today. Well one I already knew and hopefully DBGs now knows.

Number 1, if you issue a vague threat, "Do that again and you are going to be sorry!" You will almost always be called on it. I was very excited when the Alan Rickman reference came up, but only because it added mystery to the inevitable. What exactly are they going to do? No idea, but I know they are going to have to do it without clear consequences.

Number 2, Daybreak games is a company I like. They are listening to the player base and not afraid to make decisions that they know will seriously upset some users.

I think rotations are dumb, and GM sponsored rotations are more dumb, but it seems to be what the majority want, so I accept it with open arms. Hell, I might even join a guild now.
  7. Grish Augur

I really don't think that is what the majority want. I do think the majority find it a little funny though.
    Rhiyannon and Elkay like this.
  8. Elkay Augur

I think you're stretching a bit there..
  9. Sadsong Elder

Wouldn't it be easier to be part of delegating/designing a rotation table, instead of complaining about something that will be enforced?
  10. Elkay Augur

Well, can we at least put to rest that TL has a pocket GM? Enforced rotation does not benefit them in the slightest.
    Zhama and Rhiyannon like this.
  11. Kittany Augur

Here's the interesting thing about Ragefire. DBG's policy was they believed we could police ourselves. So far, it's been a civil war between the guilds on the server with a select few endorsing "Dps race brah" as the way to handle contested spawns. Nowhere does it state in the policy that this is acceptable and it in itself borders along breaking several rules in and of itself.

These individuals used whatever tactics (Such as, using the allowed and disallowed programs to kill steal the raid target) they could think of to muscle other guilds out of a raid target. And so, in order to compete, other guilds started using the same tactics.

Folks, that is not competition. It is not even a race. To the individuals of whom are upset about the enforced rotations, you had your chance to set a good example and it was squandered by your own nihilistic and egotistical tenancies.
  12. Elkay Augur

13. Gloom Journeyman

You can't speculate that this is what or isn't what a majority wants. You only have this fact:

For whatever reason, whether it be lost subs, or the gargantuan sized amount of complaints against the grief and bullying... THIS is what was chosen. You refuting it now, in the wrong forum, only shows the truth of the matter more.

As was said in every discussion topic on an announcement about anything other than this, where you were the benefactors. There are places to submit your complaints, lets move along with the topic at hand here.
  14. Rhiyannon Augur

first mob drop under whatever rotation, worked out or gms enforced... let's see what happens.

since dgb has screwed the pooch anyhow with buffing the mobs, then then making it so other guilds would have a chance to not have to deal with the asshattery.
  15. Wiluven Journeyman

This is the silliest comment ever.

So what you're saying is that you don't poopsock a mob when no one else is, because well, why would you? But when someone else poopsocks to try and raid something other than Lower Guk, you bring 100+ people to 'end it'.

Congratulations, you just ran over a guild that had the numbers present and waited hours for X mob to spawn but due to your insanely high member/box count paired with all dragon (minus 1) and god loot that has ever dropped the other guild didn't stand a chance. Effectively you are saying to everyone on the server not in TL to join us or go die in a fire.

But hey, you don't initiate poopsocks unless some other guild tries to do something. You think that actually means something?
    Kegwell, Yaladorn, Rhiyannon and 4 others like this.
  16. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

(Sorry, I corrected a word in your post)

This part of your post reminds me of the old RTA (Rathe Travel Agency) rotation rule set. With the addition that you had to either A) ask the guild that was up if you could take a crack at the mob or B) beat them to the spawn and be first in force. If you beat the mob, you were in the rotation. If you wiped, the guild that originally had the rights to the mob was usually right there to bat clean-up. Each raid mob had a separate rotation. Also, every guild helped track raid mobs and were polite enough to let the correct guild know that their mob was up. The original 24 time period was to allow for Real Life responsibilities and varying time zones since we had guilds from all over the world. (As a U.S. player with a 3 year old and a full-time job, there was no way in Hades I was getting up at 3am to kill a mob in EQ. *grin*)

There may have been a bit more to it that I'm not remembering but, it's been a long time since the days of the RTA. Also, with the changes in spawn timers, as well as higher server populations, a shorter window for engagement could and should probably be agreed on. 24 hours is probably too long and 1 hour is probably too short due to normal Real Life responsibilities but, there needs to be a way to make allowances for varying play times.
  17. Asheran Augur

Yeah...I think ~5 mages, a monk/sk, an enchanter, and a bard could kill naggy or vox. Really, you could even remove the monk / sk, since one of the others could use /q to split the giants, and the enchanter could be bounf there, and reposition the dragon (likely dying in the process...but popping back up since it was bound).

Clarity + mana song should be enough to keep mage mana up indefinitely. If not, then a few more mages (and maybe another bard) would do the trick.
  18. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

In the days of static IPs, an IP ban was easily doable. Unfortunately, most ISP's use dynamic IP systems and there are too many other ways to get past IP bans. Bans would be better tracked by LEGALLY VERIFIED account owner name. Tobacco companies demand I.D. verification, no reason gaming companies can't, especially when part of the ToS and EULA state that players must be over 18 or have verified parental consent.
  19. Elkay Augur

IP bans and why they won't work have been discussed ad nauseam.

Account or billing owner won't work because sometimes people pay for their friends, have multiple children etc.
  20. MaestroM Augur

It would be an incentive for people to police each other.

If I can get banned because you're a cheater, then I'll make sure you stop cheating.
    Rhiyannon likes this.