Endgame Enchanter Power?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Slayerwolf, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

I must admit.. I 99.98% of the time on my enchanter never debuff.. not a single one.. not even on nameds.. not a single 1.
  2. Whulfgar Augur

2 Aura's (spell mod +4% dam, twincast)
    2 mez's (forced twincast, wave)
    1 Stun (7.5s stun)
    2 Dot's (mana restore, strangulate)
    6 DD's

Now I don't know what you have loaded, I've sent you a PM, to pick your mind.. you however don't want to talk or impart any knowledge to the various questions I asked.

This is my typical load out on my chanter. When it comes to names in TBL I swap out 3 of the 6 nukes load up runes ..

Hit all the alt's with them one go round .. typically named is dead before they do their AE's a second time round.

With the runes on all the alt's I've literally no trouble what so ever taking named out in TBL.. with out the runes its a gamble.. if all toons live threw named or not.
  3. Dovhesi Elder

I'm sorry it took me 1 whole day to respond? I saw your PM but have been busy and wanted to give you a detailed response...but I suppose I should have just given you a fast one since that is apparently what you wanted.

6 DD nukes? That is quite unnecessary and unusual, not sure why you would have so many DDs memmed (especially on an alt that you said you don't focus on using for dmg purposes?). You can send me a tell in-game if you want to chat, Xegony.kimb.
    Cailen, Whulfgar and RPoo like this.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

You are a raid geared tank (as am I), you may not need that.
  5. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

This thread made me want to research group runes\AA runes more. Well done.

I mostly used my box enchanter for buffs and crowd control and emergency situations when(running on the laptop) the power to all the other characters cuts off. That scenario is slightly amusing I must say..... just calmly turn to the laptop and mezz everything up, make it forget whose beating on it. Invis your group up and watch as the 4 or 5 bad guys you pulled before the equipment malfunction walk away harmlessly.

Yeah..chanters have some power.
  6. Cailen Augur

ROFLMAO maybe a year ago
    RPoo likes this.
  7. Cailen Augur

As for rune..... yes our spell runes and our self runes and glyph spray are awesome and useful. Casting regular runes on a tank or anyone for that matter is a crutch for either an event that is over tuned for your guild/group or flat out bad healing.
    As for NET, amazing buff..... super pain in the to maintain on all the melee and yes it's broken since last patch and over writes Illusion Benefit Greater Jann. Can't lie I'm enjoying the vacation from having to cast it.
    RPoo likes this.
  8. Cailen Augur

Absolutely agree with Kimb..... enc dps weave should always be Dissident reinforcement > Mindslash > Mindsunder > Strangulate IMHO anyway and most raiding enchanters will probably agree.
  9. Sancus Augur

I can't imagine there are many classes that'd benefit more from the Jann buff than NET.
    Mintalie and RPoo like this.
  10. Cailen Augur

/shrug Bro, I ain't gonna argue with um when they don't want it ;-) There's a few that still ask for it. Hopefully the stacking issue will be fixed next patch.
    RPoo likes this.
  11. Brohg Augur

melee classes may well prefer to wear Jann so's to skip some buff management. Jann doesn't only stand in place of NET, it also more meaningfully covers the Doubleattack boost of a potentially missing rng Predator buff (in the case of groups missing a ranger, or after a death in raids).
    RPoo likes this.
  12. Sancus Augur

I'm skeptical the benefit of not having to expend 1.5 seconds to cast the Jann buff after a death is worth forgoing a proc with 3.5 times the proc rate and 5 times the base damage, that also happens to be a lifetap proc and is focusable.

This is in the context of raids (and having to keep it up on "all the melee").
    Kimbella, RPoo and kizant like this.
  13. mmats Augur

It went from instant cast to 2 second cast. The difference is especially noticeable when a couple stragglers unexpectedly show up and have already pumped a round into your cleric before you know theyre there.

Trust me, its a nerf when enchanters get considerably worse at a defining ability overnight.
  14. RPoo Augur

Not noticing stragglers show up sounds like a personal problem imo, not a problem with the debuff.
    There's also this neat buff that's useful for more than just burns. Lasts 6 min, use every 10.
    Focus of Arcanum VI
    1: Decrease Spell Resist Rate by 1% to 50%
    2: Limit Max Level: 110 (lose 100% per level)
    3: Limit Type: Exclude Combat Skills
    4: Limit Type: Detrimental
  15. mmats Augur

Youve never had stragglers get a round off on your teammates before you could react? Ever done a dungeon crawl or been outside of your home city? Ever lagged out momentarily or had a teammate do something dumb? Ever done an event for the first time without reading an Alla step-by-step guide? You should teach classes about how to avoid all the unexpected moments that everyone else in the game has experienced except yourself. You could make some nice bank bro.

Focus of Arcanum is a nice tool and I am glad you just found it. Know what would go good with those 4 minutes of no FoA? An instant cast Bite of Tashani...
  16. Forcallen Augur

At least yours wasn't reverted back to the level it was in Kunark!
  17. RPoo Augur

Count your blessings.
  18. Skewert Lorekeeper

Seems like they could have made it like 0.5 second cast time. That way you couldn't use it on the move, but still could get it off in a hurry if needed.
  19. Annastasya Augur

... IS OVER 9000
  20. Mintalie Augur

I've had my enchanterbot for some 11 years now as my primary box as a compliment to my mage main. While I know I don't play her to her full ability, particularly as a box, she sure is fun as hell to have with me. Chanters are tons of fun, super versatile, and with the exception of unmezzable mobs they can really put out some impressive DPS. Plus their aDPS is amazing, and their buffs are amazing, and oh yeah I'm gonna jump right on the rune bandwagon too. Chanters are bad .
    Skewert and code-zero like this.