End of Empire & progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fyuri, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Fyuri Journeyman

Having just returned to the game ( left after TDS ). Im more than a little upset that a bottleneck sits early in this expansion, which required completing an entire previous expansion to progress.

Im not opposed to progression, i like progression, i like progression locked zones, but tieing one expansions progression to completing an entire previos expansion? not a fan of that at all. I was eager to get in game and play new content with everyone else, and progress through it.

Now im relegated to completing old content where it may be hard to find others who are willing to help.

I always complete progression, im usually one of the first to do so, but i disagree completely with forcing players backwards to complete. old content. ( an entire expansion, no less ) to be able to progress in new content.

Can we just get rid of that stupid ae and let people play the expansion they paid for...

I dont like watering things down or making them easier, but this is an arbitrary and unnecessary bottleneck. I came back because I wanted to play new content, with new levels, with other people experiencing it for the first time. This is a completely unnecessary and not merit-based or skill based roadblock to returning players who want to enjoy the expansion they just paid for.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. tnot Elder

Agree completely. Had a friend return to game and we were wanting to progress through the new expansion together.

Now Id have to run him through an entire previous expansion to start progressing through RoS together.

By the time he's caught up I'll likely be done with RoS and I doubt I'll be in the mood to do it all over again, just as I'm not in the mood to do EOK all over again.

This is terrible design and completely unnecessary. If you wanna make hard missions, by all means, King Xorbb, chapter house 2 ? Fine, but don't tie expansions progression together this way, it separates players from each other or forces others to repeat a TON of old content.

This is an easy fix, too.
  3. Horyuken Augur

You guys do realize that you can task add a player to get the key pieces and achievements. So the only real thing they would miss is doing this mission, and if its something they want to do you can gear them up they can molo all the EoK content. It's really not a big deal and not stopping anyone. \

Also wouldn't all the EoK content be new if you never did it? You're not going to spend an entire year doing RoS progression, you might enjoy doing both expansions to prolong the new game play and time with your friends.
    Thancra and snailish like this.
  4. Vanrau Augur

You can do RoS missions for group currency and use that currency to buy Selrach armor at a vendor in The Overthere bank. As far as the Kar`Zok AE's, it's doable if you pull one at a time and have most of the group out of range of the AE.
  5. segap Augur

Task-adding someone is not the same as them contributing and doing it with you. It's simply a free ride without being a part of not. I don't really see that as a way to join friends and enjoy the game. Same for gearing up someone and sending them off to do EoK molo. The point of this was making it easier for returning friends to hang out and play with friends.

Your second suggestion sounds like asking the newly returned friend to sit around for a month and wait on the others to finish RoS so that they could then go back and let the returned player enjoy their "new" content once the existing players are done with the actual new content.

If I had taken some time off and decided that coming back at the launch of a new expansion was the best chance to join old friends as they explore the new content, I'd be very disappointed. Expansion launch is the best time to find people actively playing, exploring and looking for groups. It's an ideal time to suck players back from breaks and get them hooked again. We don't need roadblocks keeping people from wanting to re-subscribe and help fund our addiction.
  6. Fyuri Journeyman

Sorry I'm a bit fuzzy after my long hiatus. You're saying I can get a task add for End of Empire, without even entering the instance, to complete this mission and continue on in progression?
  7. Funk Augur

If you left after TDS then you 100% want to do TBM group content to get at least rank 3 of your class Dichotomic ability/spell. Then get rollin on EoK group progression, or mix it up however you want.

But it's really not too bad to get that done with a decent group, even with factions in Burning Woods you can still knock out all out in a solid weekend. The power gained by doing TBM and EoK prior to RoS is huge. Hero's Resolution and others, tons of aa along the way, augs, currency for type 5 augs, and of course Essence of the Dragon 1.

Lots to gain and enjoy in expansions you've never done before, this topic has been gone over many times already and the progression is just not that bad. Get out there and enjoy the game!
  8. Cicelee Augur

It is one mission. Out of an entire expansion, you will need assistance for one mission.

You still have an entire expansion you can play in. Get a task add from friends and repay the favor later.
  9. Mezz Lorekeeper

There are also named in various zones that require EOTD, and Gorowyn has plenty of green sarnak. When I camp named in Gorowyn personally, I insist that all members have EOTD, so it does block new players. It isn't like it is the end of the world, but it does limit the groups that they can get.

As for doing it in a weekend, please stop minimizing the work involved. Casual players take the groups they can get. Finding the power group that can run them through all progression in a weekend is hard to find, and even with a group available, most players will spend at least several weeks doing it.
  10. Axxius Augur

"Welcome back to EQ! Enjoy last year's expansion" (tm)

This issue was raised as soon as we saw the Kar'Zok on Beta. The devs decided to do nothing about it, so it must be not important.
  11. svann Augur

Honestly if I didnt have it already I cant imagine asking a group to slog me through last years expac while they are busy trying to do this years expac.